Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1000r

Work in Progress

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#16 PostAuthor: Pigford » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Cheers 1beelee.... Just got to get it running right :roll: Aiming for next spring now :!:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

dixiethedog
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#17 PostAuthor: dixiethedog » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:54 am

Yours and Pigfords bikes have got me inspired at the moment,its rare to see a white one! Im about to spray a H****a vtr streetfighter,which as luck would have it is going white,so,Ive 2 sets of bodywork (1 z1000j the other gpz11 b1),so watch out for another,soon. In regard to brake bits,does it matter,or am i missing the point??? Please people dont become rivet counters! :lol:
Every silver lining has a cloud...

Taffus

#18 PostAuthor: Taffus » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:09 pm

dixiethedog wrote:Yours and Pigfords bikes have got me inspired at the moment,its rare to see a white one! Im about to spray a H****a vtr streetfighter,which as luck would have it is going white,so,Ive 2 sets of bodywork (1 z1000j the other gpz11 b1),so watch out for another,soon. In regard to brake bits,does it matter,or am i missing the point??? Please people dont become rivet counters! :lol:

Na, I don't think it was a rivet thing more of "what are the options and things to be aware of.........."

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#19 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:19 pm

Dixie, the thing with the caliper mounts - I bought a cheap set off fleaBay and they were off an old GPz.... But they happened to be steel, not ally :shock:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#20 PostAuthor: paul doran » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:23 am

You could hardly call Piglet a rivet counter
sure the poor eejit think's one caliper is better than two :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
way too many Zeds

1beelee
100Club
100Club

#21 PostAuthor: 1beelee » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Managed to start the Z1000 today :D Removed the carbs and gave them a quick clean.Not the worst I've seen the fuel had'nt made the sort of mess I've seen before.Which was a very pleasant surprise as the bike has'nt run since 2002.
It sounded great when it started but thats it for a while I need to finish the KR1s.Don't know what I would do without my KE125 tank might've stumbled on a "look" :wink:

Z1b,Z1000r,KR1S,husky wr250 bog surfer
"turned out nice again"

Return to “Projects”