Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Magik's Z1000 project (continued)

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Magik

Magik's Z1000 project (continued)

#1 PostAuthor: Magik » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:15 pm

Continuing saga of Magik's KZ1000 A2 (non standard). Well up 'till today it has been my intention, as far as the engine is concerned, to have the barrel's and head bead blasted (now done) and painted black but leave the bottom end intact and just do a really good cleaning and paint job. I've spent a bloody lot of time and money getting to this stage and having read stuff on here and elswhere, (those great Z-Power restoration's again! :D ) I desided it might afterall be prudent to split the crank cases and give it a good check over. Now I know absolutely bugger-all about engines so I got a good mate of mine who's striped and repaired just about every jap bike there is over the years, to do it for me while I watched and learned. I have to say that I found it fascinating, and as it turned out, it's potentially saved me a fair bit of dosh too. All the oil seals have been changed, a new continuous link cam chain can now be fitted along with a few other bit's that would have without doubt given trouble in the very near future if they'd have been left unchecked! It took just an hour to split the two halves and without ANY of the special Kawasaki tool's usually mention'd when doing this sort of work and I don't mean by whacking with a hammer and jamming screwdrivers in all over the place, just a few little trick's that Rupert (no don't laugh! :lol: )knew...trick's that worked first time-every time, no marked engine part's or cracked casing's here!! so if I get my new bit's from Z-Power as quick as I usually do the engine will be all done by the weekend, woo hoo! :D The one BIG downer is the new's I just had from Z-Power.....My Ohlins are gonna take 8 week's to come DOOOOOH!!!! :evil: so i've ordered some cheepies to see me through!

Pictures coming soon.

phil churchett
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: phil churchett » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:48 pm

Good luck Roy, can we see some pics?
Four pipes rule, anything else is second best.

Return to “Projects”