Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Turbo project.

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Pasc
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Turbo project.

#1 PostAuthor: Pasc » Tue May 22, 2007 6:49 pm

Dave (Fastbyme) has asked me to upload a couple of pics of his current project. I'll leave Dave to fill you in on the spec.

fastbyme

thanks m8

#2 PostAuthor: fastbyme » Tue May 22, 2007 7:47 pm

cheers pasc !!..just a dry build for the moment .just built up to go and have new turbo pipe work made ,want bigger headers so greenhill racing making a new set ,orient block waiting to go on ,dave branch crank , vortex head sat in a box ,two stages of gas and semi auto box ..should be lively ....and most important a 70s flame paint job ....will be mot"ed and ridden .... :sf

buzzard
100Club
100Club

TURBO PROJECT

#3 PostAuthor: buzzard » Tue May 22, 2007 8:38 pm

Reckon you might need to beef up frame just a bit,plus I think you will need a club foot swinging arm for the motor you are building. 300HP plus maybe? what CC ? BUZZARD
Every man should have a shed (for bikes obviously..)

fastbyme

indeed

#4 PostAuthor: fastbyme » Wed May 23, 2007 4:13 pm

will do when its back from having pipes made.,got all the braces cut ready to be tig'ed in ..1395cc for the moment ...swinger will be fine , i like me bikes loose an flexing ..good thing about useing road tyres is it will break away ... :pop

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#5 PostAuthor: Pigford » Wed May 23, 2007 5:38 pm

YOU GUYS ARE ON ANOTHER PLANET, WELL DONE FOR LIVENING UP THIS PART OF THE FORUM :fire TO THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE MODDED BIKES :wink:
HOPE THE OTHER CHAPS ARE TAKING NOTE, STANDARDS GOOD, BUT THIS IS THE DOGS *******
DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU LOT GET THE DOSH FROM :?:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

phil churchett
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: phil churchett » Fri May 25, 2007 3:58 pm

Both my zeds are standard, but i do like to see modded ones. And this looks like it is gonna be mega!
Good luck with the rest of it.
Four pipes rule, anything else is second best.

z1bnackerkwacker
100Club
100Club

#7 PostAuthor: z1bnackerkwacker » Fri May 25, 2007 10:59 pm

I like it, just don't fancy parting with the endless amounts of cash.. :dead

fastbyme

cash...cash!!!!!

#8 PostAuthor: fastbyme » Sat May 26, 2007 9:35 am

the whole bike done and running probably wont cost me more than 1500quid ...including buying the bike in the first place ...good thing being a bike tech !!!!!

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#9 PostAuthor: paul doran » Sat May 26, 2007 12:16 pm

that is one long swinging arm
handling will be unique I would imagine
but it is obviously been built with other purposes in mind
way too many Zeds

buzzard
100Club
100Club

1500 quid????

#10 PostAuthor: buzzard » Sat May 26, 2007 2:31 pm

?1500 !!! tell us where you buy your goodies from as i fancy a piece of the action,complete vortex head with valves is over $4000. BUZZARD

z1bnackerkwacker
100Club
100Club

#11 PostAuthor: z1bnackerkwacker » Sat May 26, 2007 9:09 pm

Till it goes BANG....:dead :kod CRASH :kod. .Then it's another :bawl $$???$?$?$ :bawl :dead
4K for a head, I need to lie down :no

buzzard
100Club
100Club

project turbo

#12 PostAuthor: buzzard » Sun May 27, 2007 7:09 am

No seriously,what carb will you be running on your turbo (this was one area i never sorted out on my turbo) Also glad to see you've changed the geabox as anything approaching 200HP just blows apart, especially 2nd gear. Looks good anyway,more pics please. BUZZARD

fastbyme

carbs

#13 PostAuthor: fastbyme » Sun May 27, 2007 6:12 pm

theres a few carbs well suited to turbo use with these 8 valve engines , race use s+s everytime ..super E up to 1200 ccs super G for bigger ,but they are race use as dont seem to transient from idle to mid too well , mikuni hsr range brilliant for road and down to 9 sec quarters ...i use a mikuni TM40 for low blow road setup on stock motors ...and the HSR42 for most other uses ..but fer a bit of power the HSR45 , they are a simple to tune and get going carb ..gravity fed or pump ....and the only blowups ive had is when im testing a motor to see how much it will take before breaking .....normally a turbo motor is as reliable as anyother bike ....done thousands of smiles per miles on my turbo bikes ..wouldnt have a aisperated bike now if ya paid me :sf

buzzard
100Club
100Club

#14 PostAuthor: buzzard » Sun May 27, 2007 8:53 pm

Wait till you add the nitrous! big horsepower additions are always difficult to contain, BUZZARD. P.S. Thanks for the info about carbs.

Return to “Projects”