Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1R-TC

Work in Progress

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

uk kev
ZedHead
ZedHead

#16 PostAuthor: uk kev » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:15 pm

:twisted:

rc30rob
Regular Poster

#17 PostAuthor: rc30rob » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:54 pm

z1rtc wrote:Thanks all - great to see the response the bike has had, and I'll try to keep you updated :)

Keefleaf wrote:Up late again I see :lol:
Bike looks a Gem :up
Big Fluff on this site would probably be the best person for Turbo advise.
Keep us posted,cheers,Keith.

Hi Keith,

Always up late :roll: :lol: I hope to be having a chat with Big Fluff soon.

davejames wrote:Wow what a find :D :D Totally agree with the the replace the consumables, clean it up and put back together. Far too nice to warrant a rebuild

I much prefer 'original' over 'restored' so yup that's the plan! Hopefully it'll come out ok with a bit of spit n' polish!

Pigford wrote:Fantastic find.... UkKev has just taken delivery of one - hes storing it for a mate :wink:

Where exactly in Somerset are you? - I'd love to see it one day over a cuppa :twisted:

Hi Pigford,

Ta! I'm in Midsomer Norton and you're welcome anytime - the kettles usually on, but the TC's not being stripped here. As soon as it's back I'll let you know :)

Baldylocks wrote:Now that is a very nice Bike, I remember back in the day..when Daytona's in Ruislip Manor were selling clones of TC's and they had a pile of Twisted Cranks, that they replaced on Warranty...apparently in the States I believe they were sold without Warranty, don't know if that was true tho I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me! :D

Cheers Baldylocks :)

Having read a few articles from back in the day, you're right in saying they were sold without a warranty in the US! But hey, what could possibly go wrong with simply bolting a huge turbo to a standard bike?! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Here are a few more pics - not quite as nice as the first couple of pics suggest now we're getting into it, but a good place to start I reckon….

Eeek!! Bugs nest found behind the instrumental cowl - complete with dead bugs inside! :shock:

hey those are my lovel slippers next to all of that old bike stuff i have to put back together
Nolite id ,cogere ,cape malleum majorem

z1rtc
Regular Poster

#18 PostAuthor: z1rtc » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:24 am

uk kev wrote:Image

:twisted:

Wow! That's just incredible Kev!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Noticed a few differences to mine - turbo gauge and route for the boost pipe, air filter, rack :!: ....oh and overall condition :lol:

uk kev
ZedHead
ZedHead

#19 PostAuthor: uk kev » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:35 am

buzzard
100Club
100Club

Z1R-TC

#20 PostAuthor: buzzard » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:21 pm

My mate imported one in from the USA last year, had a couple one goes on it, its an animal,its got the stage 3 engine build, 137 BHP dyno readout with it ,in 1978 on a 4.25 tyre . Buzzard
Every man should have a shed (for bikes obviously..)

z1rtc
Regular Poster

#21 PostAuthor: z1rtc » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:43 am

Quick update….

Finally found a weekend that me and Rob were free to tackle the TC, so spent the weekend cleaning EVERYTHING and replacing a few parts (fork stanchions & seals, brake hoses & pads, and sprockets) inbetween drinking cups of tea . . . she's beginning to look a bit more presentable! :lol:

Still lots to do but hopefully free weekend #2 isn't too far away and we can crack what's left! I'll post a lot more photos then :)

Last but certainly not least, a BIG thanks to Big Fluff for all his help and advice which has made a huge difference :up

z1rtc
Regular Poster

#22 PostAuthor: z1rtc » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:55 am

Been meaning to post this for a while now . . . can anyone shed any light on the ignition found on my TC??? It says Martek440K on the cover, and that's all I know!! :?? Just interested to find out a bit more gen about it if poss.

Taffus

#23 PostAuthor: Taffus » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:51 am

z1rtc
Regular Poster

#24 PostAuthor: z1rtc » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:32 am

Cheers Taffus :up

chriskid
Regular Poster

Nice ..

#25 PostAuthor: chriskid » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Nice bike, even in this condition!

Building a Z1R Gardner / Moriwaki replica myself from scratch (collecting loose parts for years :wink: )i'm always curious what others do with theirs...

keep it up :up

edit: i have a problem I like to share.... :roll:

in pics i always look in the background.... :shock:

realy.... :oops:

so.... :wink:

what bike is the red braced swinger from .... :D

Return to “Projects”