Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

My old KH250 Dyson

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#31 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:04 am

Padders, not only has the bike aged well, you actually look better Now than you did back in the 80's :shock:
Better put a one-piece set of maroon leathers on your XMAS list mate :wink:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Padders
Hardcore
Hardcore

#32 PostAuthor: Padders » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:36 am

Thanks for the comment Mark I am sure you meant it in a manly way :wink:

Well shes nearly stripped down now I have just taken out the engine etc. Not too many nasty surprises the heat gun was only needed on a couple of bolts.

Parts list required not that large as I am going to refurb as much as possible. Here are a couple of pictures taken during the strip. Once the frame is back from powdercoat and a few parts fitted i will post a couple more pictures. I have decided to have it repainted in the kawasaki racing green colours from the early seventies endurance racers. Slightly wider wheels 350 barrels and carbs.

Well thats the plan.

Cheers padders

phil churchett
Hardcore
Hardcore

#33 PostAuthor: phil churchett » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:44 pm

Good luck with it Ian, the wife didn't think much to the bike, but says you have a very nice conservatory :D
Four pipes rule, anything else is second best.

TheBogieMan
100Club
100Club

#34 PostAuthor: TheBogieMan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:35 am

Surfdeneige wrote:In both photos you seem to be grasping your manhood. Is it truly an erotic experience being a KH owner?

If you notice though the hand has travelled further up in the more recent pic.....either someome was a boastful young gun or it's not just the hair that has withered away with age :shock:
Speed Triple 955i, Yamaha RD350A, BMW F800S, Harley FLSTCi

z1bnackerkwacker
100Club
100Club

#35 PostAuthor: z1bnackerkwacker » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:09 pm

Will you ever part with it again ???...

Padders
Hardcore
Hardcore

#36 PostAuthor: Padders » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:02 am

NO WAY. I have already turned down an offer of over ?300.00 more than I bought her for. Managed to find some S2 350 barrels heads and carbs in America. They are winging their way over the Atlantic at the moment.

Once I have a few parts fitted I will post some more pictures.

I have been surprised how many Z1OC members have been in touch with pictures of their KH triples. More two stroke fans out there than I thought.

padders :D

steve f

#37 PostAuthor: steve f » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:38 am

PADDERS wrote:NO WAY. I have already turned down an offer of over ?300.00 more than I bought her for. Managed to find some S2 350 barrels heads and carbs in America. They are winging their way over the Atlantic at the moment.

Once I have a few parts fitted I will post some more pictures.

I have been surprised how many Z1OC members have been in touch with pictures of their KH triples. More two stroke fans out there than I thought.

padders there is lots of 2 stroke owners on here that sent me pm messages as they dont like posting it on here as they fear the attack from that muppet paul doran shame really that this site is run this way as there is only so much you can say about zeds before its all a repeat but hey thats this site

noticed you have had a fair bit of responce/help on the triples site

Padders
Hardcore
Hardcore

#38 PostAuthor: Padders » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:23 pm

Hi Steve,

Yes the guys on the triples site have been really helpfull with advise and offers on parts. Nice bunch hope to meet a few at Stafford. Just like the guys on this site they are bike fans first and foremost who just happen to favour one particular brand or type of bike.

By the way thanks for the offer of the loan on the allspeeds much appreciated.

padders

Padders
Hardcore
Hardcore

#39 PostAuthor: Padders » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:54 pm

Well managed to get the bike totally stripped. The frame and some parts came back from the powder coaters yesterday so a quick session with the spanners and shes starting to look like a bike again!

Had to have some of the fairing brackets re welded so they will be back from powder coat next week. Just need to sort out a few parts for the engine at Stafford next week before stripping and rebuilding the engine.

I have decided to have her painted in a replica Kool Kawasaki paint scheme.

Hope to see a few of you guys on sat.

Iain marshall
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#40 PostAuthor: Iain marshall » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:30 pm

Looking good Ian,my frame still in the workshop waiting for the new top shock mounting arriving :|
Got the Rex, just the Kat to get now...

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

Old bike find!!!!!

#41 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:30 pm

I was inspired about a month ago by reading Padders find of the DYSON 250,and looked up my old z650 reg on the DVLA web site as I was curious to find out if it still lived.
It appeared dead and had not been registered or sorn for years. :(

Then low and behold two weeks ago on ebay a similiar one appeared on ebay, I say similiar because it was listed as having a 717cc kit on which mine had.
A look at the photos revealled the same style dresda swing arm, so I emailed the guy and it turned out to be my old un. So i bought it! :D

Its still got all the chrome buts I put on it in 1983 with the z1 dual disc front end, the original piper exhaust, and get this

THE SAME FRONT TYRE! :!:
I know this as I had "sadly" painted the lettering in on the Pirrelli and matched it with my original photos.

The Bike was owned by the same guy I sold it to for 20 years and then passed to a local guy who was still registered on the log book. (but he got killed about 3 years ago in a car crash). So somehow it ended up in
stourbridge .

Unfortunately someone has butchered the electrics, removed the alternator, and all indicators, and the clocks so I have some work to do. (If anyone has bits lying around please drop me a line)

Good points are that all the basic bits are there and the engine runs and still has excellent compression.
Now all I need to do is save some money for the restoration and gather the bits required. When I do I might start a project thread of my own, (if I can figure out how to do picture postings.

So if anyone is fancies finding their old bike my advice, Keep looking!!! You never Know! :)
[/img]

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

old bike find !here are the zed 650 pics,

#42 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:57 pm

!!!Figured out the picture posting!!!

Flame job was how I bought it in 82,
red was my handiwork, twin discs chrome bits etc (note the painted front tyre)

White picture is how it is now. (same front tyre)
Image[/img]

Padders
Hardcore
Hardcore

#43 PostAuthor: Padders » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:14 pm

Over the moon for you mate, make sure you keep us posted on the rebuild.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#44 PostAuthor: Pigford » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:57 pm

Kwackerz1, I got some spares with my Z650 I bought a few months ago!
I got a whole bottom engine, std rear mudguard & seat, indicators, centre stand, as new Raask rear sets & some other odds & sods.
Thats a great story & a pretty little bike :wink:
PM me if interested, I'll be at Staffs Sat :P
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

london calling
Hardcore
Hardcore

#45 PostAuthor: london calling » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:30 pm

On the Sporting Ironing Board club stand :lol:
Have you got that USD front end fitted to your Dyson yet Mark :?:
Jack

Return to “Projects”