Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

UNLIMITED LTD - The Pigford Project

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

andyb1962
ZedHead
ZedHead

#76 PostAuthor: andyb1962 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:11 pm

It's all clever stuff!
Well done sir :wink:
Andy :wink:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist"

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#77 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Blinky Blimey - 3 months since anything was done :oops:

Wheeled the bike out into the sunshine after fitting some Hagon shox. The JMC s/arm raises the arse end an inch or two, so could ideally do with some shorter units.

Apart from a tidy-up, all that needs doing is to sort out the wiring and she should be a runner. The MOT is until Aug 2015 so hope to get a few miles in before the end of summer :|

.... lovin' the retro look of the skinny TT100's :twisted:

Not to everyones taste, but makes a change for me. After much thought I'm selling my recent aquisition ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141596967998? ... 1586.l2649

.... as I'll be sticking with this project & need the cash to progress :oops:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#78 PostAuthor: Pigford » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Anuvver month roles by...... and not alot's happened, except I've refitted the LTD tank & sdeat unit, also fitted a standard seat for a change. Surprising how much time it took just swapping fuel tap & getting seat lock to fit nicely. Also stuck some Z1000 plaques on the sidepanels:

Still got the wiring to tackle :|

ADE
100Club
100Club

#79 PostAuthor: ADE » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:53 pm

I think garage time and real time dont add up.A hour in the garage seems to equte to 3 hours outside liking the green
Ade

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#80 PostAuthor: Pigford » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:26 am

ADE wrote:I think garage time and real time dont add up.A hour in the garage seems to equte to 3 hours outside liking the green
Ade

You're so right Ade..... half the time (okay, MOST) is spent staring at it :lol:

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#81 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Been a few weeks since any action..... so as I had another day orf I decided to tackle the Air emission passages in the head. After thinking about plugging them with some "metal putty" I thought I'd do it proper-like and tap them out to M10 x 1.5mm and get some suitable grub screws to loctite in place.

Just need to order 4 x grub screws (eBay) and fit them, then it'll be tine to sort the bleedin' wiring out :shock:

coldsummer
Hardcore
Hardcore

#82 PostAuthor: coldsummer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Why did you put the old LTD tank on Mark? Thought they were best consigned to the skip?

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#83 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:04 am

coldsummer wrote:Why did you put the old LTD tank on Mark? Thought they were best consigned to the skip?

Simon, I just like the colour better - as I haven't got the cash to get the A1 stuff repainted :| At a quick glance they don't look that much different anyhow, but I can always swap again.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#84 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sat May 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Much thanx to Coose for GIVING me a NEW tube of Loctite 648 (f.o.c) so I could seal in the M10 x 1.5mm grub screws to block the air emission passages....

... the cam covers just needed a quick brush with the file and fitted lovely - the grub screws were 16mm long - in hindsight 12mm would have been best, but these screwed in and tightened up nicely :P

Thats the engine stuff complete now... so it's onto the WIRING :|

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#85 PostAuthor: Pigford » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:58 pm

UpDate; Did a bit of wiring - the ignition switch now controls the ...errrm, ignition via a Wired by George relay.

Got some Raask's off Padders (cheers lad) and decided to change the rod rear drum brake for a wire (bowden) type - just like a Kettle GT750 :wink:

This method not only allows you to adjust the chain tension without re-adjusting the brake, it also let me use my little alloy bracket I got with me old Z1000 - it's an emotional attachment kind-a-thing :!:

Brake switch wire is just a temporary affair, but the little bracket restricting brake pedal movement is there to stay..... I like the basic/functional stuff, as we did back in the day. Just gotta fit t'other side next :shock:

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#86 PostAuthor: Coose » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:43 pm

:pop

ADE
100Club
100Club

#87 PostAuthor: ADE » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:22 pm

The little bracket we all have some in the garage they can stay there for years.Then come the day they get us out of all sorts of bother.Or is it just a few of us.How many hour garage time?
Cheers Ade

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#88 PostAuthor: Pigford » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Not done owt... just revisiting to see where I'm at :lol:

A new member (Swiss Gaz) has just bought a B4 so I posted a link to this thread for him to check over.

RALPHARAMA
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#89 PostAuthor: RALPHARAMA » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Pigford wrote:Been a few weeks since any action..... so as I had another day orf I decided to tackle the Air emission passages in the head. After thinking about plugging them with some "metal putty" I thought I'd do it proper-like and tap them out to M10 x 1.5mm and get some suitable grub screws to loctite in place.

Just need to order 4 x grub screws (eBay) and fit them, then it'll be tine to sort the bleedin' wiring out :shock:

I'm surprised you would spend money on grub screws :shock: I usually make 'em in ally on the lathe = FREE!!!

How you getting on with my old lathe?
Ralph Ferrand
Z1000A1 (1977), Godier Genoud Z1300A5 (1983), Z900A4 Stock (1976), Z900A4 Special (project), GPZ1100 Unitrak (1983), ZRX1200R (2004) DT175MX (1981).

http://www.bikerstoolbox.co.uk

Don't be caught out http://www.dhlparcels.info/

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#90 PostAuthor: Pigford » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Alrite Ralphy. Not set the lathe up yet :lol: No room in me garage :!:

Got a nice grab rail now, so I can fit some rear winkers.... the original rear brackets were hacked off before my ownership. Will have to get stuck in this winter and get her running :oops:

Return to “Projects”