Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1000 turbo, light project. Based in Norway

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Teddy
Regular Poster

Re: compression test

#16 PostAuthor: Teddy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:12 pm

fastbyme wrote:comprssion test wont tell u what comp ratio it is , u need to either put no1 piston at tdc ..and carfully fill the cylinder to the spark plug with light oil , this needs to be mesured .to accertain the comp ratio ...or u take the head off , if copper head gasket can be reused , and cc the parts one at a time ..., if u want reliability i would just strip check reassemble the motor for peace of mind ....and then welcome to the dark side :twisted:

I know. I just want to know if the compression is even. That the deviation is not to high, and check for any damage/wear in the cylinder head, pistons and etc..... :??

What happens on the dark side??? :cantb
-77 z1000 turbo

Davy Doherty

#17 PostAuthor: Davy Doherty » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:26 pm

What happens on the dark side??? :cantb[/quote]

It becomes a tripppple. :shock:

Teddy
Regular Poster

#18 PostAuthor: Teddy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:37 pm

Davy Doherty wrote:What happens on the dark side??? :cantb

It becomes a tripppple. :shock:[/quote]

Wtf.... :viking

Ok, it's a cool bike too but.....
-77 z1000 turbo

fastbyme

dark side

#19 PostAuthor: fastbyme » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:13 am

hahah forced induction (darkside ) once ya feel a boosted bike ya wont go back .............

Pasc
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#20 PostAuthor: Pasc » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:47 am

He's right ya know. I used to be quite normal, now I have to visit my local Turbo owners support group meeting weekly. My names Pasc and I'm a user. :crnk

debben1
100Club
100Club

#21 PostAuthor: debben1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Hello Teddy, interesting project :) We can supply all the head gaskets from 1015cc to 1500cc from stock, with 1200cc you have a choice of copper or CFM20 wich is a fibre type compound. The CFM20 has excellent sealing properties but will be limited on how much boost/compression it can handle, the copper gasket can handle more cylinder pressure but does not have the excellent oil sealing properties of the cfm20 gasket, you may find the top of the cylinder block has been "O ringed" with steel wire, if so then you should only use these wire inserts with a copper gasket. Gascacinch is a gasket sealant that works well with the copper gaskets, cfm20 gaskets should be used without anything. Regards, Steve.

Teddy
Regular Poster

#22 PostAuthor: Teddy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:21 pm

debben1 wrote:Hello Teddy, interesting project :) We can supply all the head gaskets from 1015cc to 1500cc from stock, with 1200cc you have a choice of copper or CFM20 wich is a fibre type compound. The CFM20 has excellent sealing properties but will be limited on how much boost/compression it can handle, the copper gasket can handle more cylinder pressure but does not have the excellent oil sealing properties of the cfm20 gasket, you may find the top of the cylinder block has been "O ringed" with steel wire, if so then you should only use these wire inserts with a copper gasket. Gascacinch is a gasket sealant that works well with the copper gaskets, cfm20 gaskets should be used without anything. Regards, Steve.

Hi debben1. When i get back home from work i will try and get some things done with the engine, and then i will find out what 's hiding in there.... :huh . And it's good to know that you can supply head gaskets in various dimensions. I might have to order one from you when needed.
From what i could see outside the engine it looks like a copper gasket fitted.

Well from the comments i guess i have to say that i have left the normal side in this world. :bye
Even if my wife saying that i'm everything else but normal....... :gob

Pasc, good luck with your support group, you may get a new member soon..
-77 z1000 turbo

Pasc
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#23 PostAuthor: Pasc » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:58 pm

You're welcome Teddy. They can't offer a cure but it's comforting to know you are not alone. :aha

Return to “Projects”