Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Stan's z1000st project

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#31 PostAuthor: mick znone » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:39 am

:pop
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

#32 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Cheers! well she's going :D ..got lots of small jobs now,the sump is weeping,wiring need's tidying and just picked up a nice new battery from debben's ,also gona treat the old harris to a new coat of paint,will post pics in due course,thanks again for advice re valve timing! better to be safe than sorry!

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#33 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Good to hear she`s alive. :lol: :lol:
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

#34 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Tell me about it! lol,certainly feel a bit more relaxed now :D

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

update and a couple of pics

#35 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Been slowly making progress,mostly niggly problems but it all takes time to resolve with my limited abilities!,its running pretty well now,tho it think it will benefit from carbs being balanced and maybe ignition timing checked..before she hits the road,the back brake needs bleeding ,indicators removing and maybe a couple of new cables etc.overall its no show winner but im pleased with how it looks and looking forward to finally buzzing around on the old girl!ImageImage

Redbeard
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#36 PostAuthor: Redbeard » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Looks good Stan, I like the understated black. Enjoy the smooth power delivery..
1979 Z1000ST

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#37 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Looking good. Nearly there.

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

z1000st On the Road!

#38 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Havn't found the time to post for a couple of month's! first work took over then fishing!! chasing Coddies!.lol...well the bike passed its Mot straight thru,which was a relief.Quickly notched up a couple of hundred miles on the new pistons,what with the A338 being re-built started taking the back roads to work via Cranborne to wimborne etc ,nice ride first thing in the morning :D .Didnt really have any issues,but with help from Debbens got some better inlet stubs for the carbs and also switched to a manual camchain adjuster as had doubt's about the original automatic one.[img][img]http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/nohope37/frog%20plus%20biked%20and%20fish%20004_zpskuujhhyc.jpg[/img][/img]..ImageImage
Hope to do more jobs over the winter ie switch gears,revamp clocks and tidy the loom which aint good but does work at least!..cheers Stan

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#39 PostAuthor: Pigford » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Stan, looks real tidy :P

Living in Sherborne, I often cut through Pimperne (via Sturminster Newton) then across to Cranborne/Horton, to Three Legged Cross and onto the A31 at Ringwood to head East, decent roads.
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#40 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:31 pm

Looking good. :D :D :D

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

#41 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:55 pm

Pigford wrote:Stan, looks real tidy :P

Living in Sherborne, I often cut through Pimperne (via Sturminster Newton) then across to Cranborne/Horton, to Three Legged Cross and onto the A31 at Ringwood to head East, decent roads.

Thanks! ,may have to try that run one day ,my son is seeing a girl who lives in Sherborne!

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

cool oil

#42 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:11 am

Hi all ,managed to get some money together after xmas and placed an order with webike in Japan,new oil cooler kit and a few other shiney bits,very pleased with their service etc and the quality of parts.Taken me a while to get it all sorted due to work and the dreaded lurgy that struck our household.Image
All fitted fine,I just made a simple plate to mount to frame and added some rubber washers to cushion thing a bit,however when having reused the old oil pressure switch it wouldnt work,a bit of head scratching and turned out the new oil port was slightly deeper internally and as a result the switch wasnt earthing inside,solved it by dismantling the switch and adding a extra washer to make it a bit longer.Also fitted a new fuel tap from z power,despite fitting new seals to my old tap it was still playing up,so far the new one seems to be spot on.With a half decent day yesterday I went for a spin,by the looks so did a lot of other people,saw a 250lc at the station,good to get out and hoping now with the whole summer a head I can clock up some miles.cheers Stan.ImageImage

Redbeard
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#43 PostAuthor: Redbeard » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:39 am

Looks great Stan, oil cooler looks like it means business. Good to see another ST, not long now and mine will be Mot'd hopefully.
1979 Z1000ST

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

#44 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:59 am

Redbeard wrote:Looks great Stan, oil cooler looks like it means business. Good to see another ST, not long now and mine will be Mot'd hopefully.
Thanks!,im happywith it! :D ,good luck with yours!

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

#45 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:05 am

That's a tidy looking ST. :up

Be warned.........WeBike can be addictive. :save :save :save

# 104

Phil Churchett Award Winner 2011 & 2016 :D
Buzzworkz Best Modified Zed 2016

Return to “Projects”