Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Stan's z1000st project

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

#46 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:32 am

Ginger Bear wrote:That's a tidy looking ST. :up

Be warned.........WeBike can be addictive. :save :save :save

Cheers,and yeah ur right about webike! think thats it for now tho!

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#47 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Have to meet up sometime..... you going to the Ace 17 April for Kawasaki Day :?:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

#48 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:34 am

Pigford wrote:Have to meet up sometime..... you going to the Ace 17 April for Kawasaki Day :?:

Hi,ive always fancied a trip up there as ive never been! but not sure if i'll have enough free time yet,are there any local meets or rides coming up? cheers.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#49 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:05 am

Nothing local I can think of :??

If something occurs I'll let you know.
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#50 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:48 am

Hi Stan, was this bike running last summer, i ask because i'm pretty sure i see it at Alderholt, tried to follow it but it got away.

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

#51 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:13 am

kev edwards wrote:Hi Stan, was this bike running last summer, i ask because i'm pretty sure i see it at Alderholt, tried to follow it but it got away.

Hi,not til late summer..but I do ride thru Alderholt sometimes if Im going to work on it :)

kev edwards
Hardcore
Hardcore

#52 PostAuthor: kev edwards » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:52 pm

It was late summer, and i had just had a tea at the mill and was going to go back to stony cross where we were staying.

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#53 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:21 pm

Nice looking Zed. :D :D :D
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

Time for a Chain!

#54 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Havnt posted for a while ,had a mixed few months with the bike.Electrics mostly,culminating with a coil going on the way down to the Quay when I had my youngest on the back! typical.New coils purchased,then tackled the wiring,replacing all the connectors having first invested in decent crimpers!,back on the road for a while before I spent all my free time fishing.lol..now its back to the bike ,am stripping the bike with the intention of getting the frame done properly as the back end is quite corroded under the tail piece,also been talking to Ray at debbens and am splitting the engine with a view to replacing the cam chain ,getting the crank checked etc and converting the transmission to chain drive! ,have read its possible.Ray was worried about wheel alignment problems ,luckily he had an early GPZ1100 rear wheel I could borrow to check things out first.Image[/img]
Luckily my original spindle fitted the wheel and could use the old arm,the set up was a bit heath robinson but it proved the point before I go to far,using this wheel puts the front sprocket pretty close to where it should be,Im going start stripping the motor during the week ,if anyone has any advice on problems im likely to face,I only want to do this once! or has any of the parts for sale id appreciate it..thanks Stan

Redbeard
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#55 PostAuthor: Redbeard » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi mate, I am looking forward to seeing how the conversion goes. There are a few snippets of info on the web about the chain conversion but not a great deal of photo evidence. The ST frame width will swallow most swingarms with ease, why not go with something a bit wider? I have collected some of the more trustworthy info on bits that are needed if anyone is interested.
1979 Z1000ST

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#56 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:42 pm

Good luck with the conversion. Watching this with interest.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#57 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:07 pm

I'm watching with interest as I have had an ST languishing in the back of my garage since '96...

Desperate Stan
Regular Poster

#58 PostAuthor: Desperate Stan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Redbeard wrote:Hi mate, I am looking forward to seeing how the conversion goes. There are a few snippets of info on the web about the chain conversion but not a great deal of photo evidence. The ST frame width will swallow most swingarms with ease, why not go with something a bit wider? I have collected some of the more trustworthy info on bits that are needed if anyone is interested.

Cheers ,any advice appreciated..seen a few old posts on various forums but as you say no pics,I intend to get plenty of advice from Ray along the way so hopefully any problems can be overcome ,like the Gpz wheel as the spoke pattern matches my front and want to keep the basic look of the bike the same.

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#59 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:15 am

For the chain conversion you need a MK2 inner cover, any 900/1000 output shaft and a MK2 gear selector .

Gus
Hardcore
Hardcore

#60 PostAuthor: Gus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 am

It may be a dumb question so no better person qualified than I to ask it. :roll:

Can the conversion be done without removing the barrels?

And is that all you need 3 parts?

Gus
"Set the GRINDER on it"

Return to “Projects”