Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z from the dead....

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Simonh
Regular Poster

Re: Z from the dead....

#121 PostAuthor: Simonh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:58 pm

not much to update really, tried bleeding all the brakes as it has been a dry bike from rebuild, really having problems with the rear brake!
I've tried bleeding it as normal but fluid doesn't seem to go into the system when I'm pumping the rear brake lever... so i thought id reverse bleed, bought a big syringe of flea bay... this won't work either... the fluid would not pump backwards, and i used some force or as much as i dare....!
the ONLY thing on the bike i have not rebuilt is the rear master cylinder... everything has been meticulously cleaned... new pistons, seals, bleed nipples (not blocked , I've tried) new lines!

this old girl really is really not giving in even with the end in sight!!

advice from another page is to bench bleed so i guess it will all have to come off and remove mater cylinder and see if i can get it moving through brake line and then its got to be the master cylinder right??
Another fine mess I've got myself into!

corky
Regular Poster

Re: Z from the dead....

#122 PostAuthor: corky » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Had a problem with the master cylinder on my Z1 where the fluid would not return to the cylinder leaving the system under pressure and it was a blocked relief port, which is a tiny pin sized hole in the bottom of the cylinder which allows fluid to return to the cylinder. It is minute and i needed a magnifying glass to see it. Managed to clear it with a pin ,being careful not to damage anything which sorted the problem

Return to “Projects”