Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Downunder J

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

nicomkii
100Club
100Club

Downunder J

#1 PostAuthor: nicomkii » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:23 pm

Long story short but I now have a border in my shed. A mate rescued his old '81 ( I think ) J from his brother. The bike hasn't run for a fair while and has inhabited the Pilbara region of Western Australia for the last who knows how many years !!! For those that know about the red dirt of the Pilbara, well enough said. This dirt stains in a big way once its been on a Pilbara road there will always be a reminder somewhere on the vehicle know matter how hard you try.
Well ol mate saw my MkII at work one day which was the catalyst for him to start talking to his brother about the J and what was happening. It started off with me helping the brother source parts , go to people for various bits and pieces etc. Well lets say it didn''t take long for the Zed bug to bight into Deano ( my work colleague / mate) as he sat there on nightshift reminiscing about his days riding the J. A few days later I get a call saying he has bought the bike back off his brother and soon enough it was trailered down 1200km to its new home.
Finally got around to taking a few happy snaps before the strip down. Here we go again :twisted:

Image[/img]
Nico

Al
Hardcore
Hardcore

#2 PostAuthor: Al » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:26 pm

It looks fairly un-molested and would be a good place to start from.
Is there any more of it or are you looking for bits?

AL
1981 J1

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#3 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Great stuff - that tank doesn't look original :|
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:53 pm

Good starting point.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

nicomkii
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: nicomkii » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:46 am

zorded wrote:It looks fairly un-molested and would be a good place to start from.
Is there any more of it or are you looking for bits?

AL

The tank sidecovers etc have already been painted, seat reupholstered, so I handed them back and said 'you keep them at home' !! Got enough floating around without risking damage to new paintwork, lol.
A quick look shows the main things needed will be a RH side exhaust hanger, instrument cluster ( if he wants to go original or look at adapting something different), exhaust system. Most of it is all there, just needs to be found under the dirt and crud.
Nico

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: mick znone » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:47 am

this will be a nice turn around, did he see pictures of it covered in Pilbara dirt before haggling a price with his brother or just turned up and saw it :o :o :o
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

Return to “Projects”