Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Period Ride

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

nicomkii
100Club
100Club

Re: Period Ride

#16 PostAuthor: nicomkii » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Had to get a new tyre and tube for the rear, thought may as well get the shop to do it, shouldn't have bothered, not holding air. Want something done nowadays best of doing it yourself !!, Got the airbrush out to touch up two scratches from putting the engine in. That went well, feathered it in nicely so happy there,
Went ahead and fitted the Delkevic complete system, am impressed with he quality of the system and the ease of fitting. Went together easily and everything matched up, looking forward to hearing the tune come out of the little pipe
Start working on the electrics post xmas,hopefully be running by end of Feb all things considered.

20181222_193300.jpg
Nico

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi Nico
she's looking very good! Go on! You're allmost there.
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Kev1R
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#18 PostAuthor: Kev1R » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:48 am

Very nice
Well done - looking forward to the finished item!

nicomkii
100Club
100Club

#19 PostAuthor: nicomkii » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:22 pm

Well doesn't time fly when you're busy !!! I didn't realise my last past was so long ago. I have been plodding along with the A1 and can finally say it is on the road. I took it over for inspection yesterday, a pass with no issues. As always I had a Factory trained Z mechanic from back in the day go over the complete build, do a few things and mainly sort the carbs out for me. He weaved his magic and she purrs nicely, well it goes ok but I am thinking a Carbie upgrade may be happening in the coming months. Just hard to sort out a few low down issues and response issues.
However it is running, registered and will now become my daily ride. I'll get some better photos but as it is at the moment we have a cold front going through and its bloody raining for next couple of days !!!

I want to redo the tank badges, anyone have some hints on stripping and repainting the badges ?

Link to how the delkevic system sounds.

https://www.facebook.com/mark.nico.7792/videos/708868802943646/

0 - 1 (2).jpg

20191031_175650.jpg
Nico

chrisw1
100Club
100Club

#20 PostAuthor: chrisw1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:31 pm

looks spot on .......shame it wont let me load the video ;(

nicomkii
100Club
100Club

#21 PostAuthor: nicomkii » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:17 pm

chrisw1 wrote:looks spot on .......shame it wont let me load the video ;(

Not too tech savvy but think I may have done the privacy thing on bookface right now. Have another try.
Nico

Graham-A2
Regular Poster

#22 PostAuthor: Graham-A2 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Really nice looking bike glad you've got it on the road. I am at engine stripping stage at the moment on my 1000 A2, but have my eye on the prize and keep seeing things I like. One of them is your seat - really nice profile and cover, do you know where it comes from ?
Present
Red '78 KZ - rebuilt from engine up
Other wheels - Couple of old Guzzi's
Past 1994 - 2010
Luminous Green '78 KZ import [BLE 656S]

Return to “Projects”