Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Rickman CR

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

bighaz
Regular Poster

Rickman CR

#1 PostAuthor: bighaz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:48 am

well finally got in the garage to see what id bought , ive stripped the body work off to see what state the frame plating was in ,surprisingly not to bad ,some areas of rust on the really exposed parts.
Got the good lady to work her magic on the clean up, photos attached showing half the top frame cleaned, so if it all comes that good ill be a happy bunny.
The starter button was broken off so ill repair that with an old switch ive got kicking around , the battery is totally shot ,the front brake master cylinder is also shot , if anyone has a Lockheed master cylinder for sale let me know.

The gear change lever is missing ,Rickman,and has had the standard lever reversed using the original peg so that will need sorting.

apart from the carbs being stuck ,now removed and freed up but ive ordered new kits so ill rebuild these before going back on the bike the rest doesnt look to bad ,ill go through it front to rear over next month or so ill post updates as we do a bit more. :D :D
Attachments
IMG_1392.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1390.JPG
rusty bits
IMG_1389.JPG
frame before clean
IMG_1385.JPG
IMG_1382.JPG
on the trailer just got back after 4.5 hours

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Rickman CR

#2 PostAuthor: Coose » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Wow, that's lovely! Tell me you're going to keep it period?

Andrew_s
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: Andrew_s » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Great project - I'm really looking forward to seeing this unfold!
Current Bikes:
Phil Churchett's 1976 Z900 A4: PRE 2R https://www.flickr.com/photos/115740825@N05/albums/72157680116996884
1973 XL250 K0 Motosport: UKX 73L
2023 R1250 GSA
Previous Zeds: Z750B1 Twin, Z650B1, Z750E

LeeJackson
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: LeeJackson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Coose wrote:Wow, that's lovely! Tell me you're going to keep it period?

I would second that, I love the paintwork on it, not clear how tidy it is yet? but I think It looks great just like that!

Super project Bighaz, I do love rickmans! Have fun and keep the pics coming on the progress!

bighaz
Regular Poster

#5 PostAuthor: bighaz » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Thanks Guys , the paint work is absolutely dire , but i will keep it something like but not same if you know what i mean, its all down to what i can get my hands on paint wise. the rest will be as is, im not going to restore it just clean it up, keep the patina of 26 years in a shed lol.

Kev

Return to “Projects”