Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Latest project - '77 z1000

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Latest project - '77 z1000

#16 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:21 am

Bit of an update.
Taken off all the un-neccesary 'custom' bolt-ons.
I've given it a clean up.
The chrome is decent and cleans up well.
Swapped the full lock set, wiring harness, handlebars and switch gear and points/coils off my z1000Ltd. All the electrics now work, bike turns over with good compression and has sparks.
I re-built and re-assembled the carbs (new gaskets and o-rings). Had to scrounge a few choke plunger parts off a set of spare carbs though. Only to find the fuel line T-pieces are leaking... They looked a bit suspect and as I didn't have any spares I thought I'd risk it... So just awaiting new T-pieces to arrive so I can then hopefully get it fired up.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: Philippe » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi Ultim8pc

leaking T-pieces is normal when you deal with old carbs, it's best to replace them at once or, if they're not too bad, to put them a few days in fuel before mounting them.
You can repair your old T-pieces by using fuelproof heath shrink sleeving but I prefer to use new copper T-pieces with O Rings.
Unfortunally for you, you did a lot of work for nothing (putting carbs together and give them an initial synchronisation takes a few hours...).
Good luck
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#18 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Philippe wrote:Hi Ultim8pc

leaking T-pieces is normal when you deal with old carbs, it's best to replace them at once or, if they're not too bad, to put them a few days in fuel before mounting them.
You can repair your old T-pieces by using fuelproof heath shrink sleeving but I prefer to use new copper T-pieces with O Rings.
Unfortunally for you, you did a lot of work for nothing (putting carbs together and give them an initial synchronisation takes a few hours...).
Good luck
Philippe

yeah Phillipe, like I said. I normally replace them anyway, but they looked good and fitted snugly, so based on previous experience of T-pieces thought that they might be OK.
It's annoying but hey ho...
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.

DavidZ1R
Hardcore
Hardcore

#19 PostAuthor: DavidZ1R » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Looking good , a good base model, no matter how bad thing appear, as long as the engine is good and the frame straight, just about every thing else is available, you just need to deepen your pockets. :D
CB125 GT380 CB750F1 Z1R GPZ 750 Turbo Z1R

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#20 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:07 pm

DavidZ1R wrote:Looking good , a good base model, no matter how bad thing appear, as long as the engine is good and the frame straight, just about every thing else is available, you just need to deepen your pockets. :D

I'm not scared of spending money or committing time. The issue is I simply have too many projects to be honest. So I am going to get it running and put it up for sale so I can focus on my already existing projects..

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#21 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Managed to fire it up today - so that's good news. (Not that I doubted it would).
Anyway, I am now definitely putting it up for sale. I've put it up on a few FB pages and will put it on the 'For sale' pages here shortly.

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#22 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:02 am

I've sold this now.

Return to “Projects”