Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

KZ1000A1 Rebuild

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

damien.wrl
100Club
100Club

Re: KZ1000A1 Rebuild

#16 PostAuthor: damien.wrl » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:21 am

I also have an A1 which recently blew a small hole in the original can... I have located a couple of companies in Europe who make what they describe as 100% copies of the 4:2... they are not cheap but I hope to be able to order a set in the next few months ... if you are interested I can send you some links and maybe we can get a reduction for two sets??

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:49 am

I'm interested in what you turn up. So far we have London-exhausts and the French chap. Neither are identical to original though..
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#18 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Ultim8pc wrote:I'm interested in what you turn up. So far we have London-exhausts and the French chap. Neither are identical to original though..

I am not sure if Bazzare del la Becane get their exhaust from London-exhausts? How do they differ from originals?

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#19 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:59 pm

ZedHead wrote:I am not sure if Bazzare del la Becane get their exhaust from London-exhausts? How do they differ from originals?

The Becane guys claim to make their own, but I haven't seen photos good enough from them to compare to the Dutch made London ones.
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#20 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:35 pm

Ultim8pc wrote:
ZedHead wrote:I am not sure if Bazzare del la Becane get their exhaust from London-exhausts? How do they differ from originals?

The Becane guys claim to make their own, but I haven't seen photos good enough from them to compare to the Dutch made London ones.

I have met and know Gerrard who runs Becane fairly well. He won't tell me where he gets them but I do know he does not make them himself. Interested to know how the differ from originals

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#21 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:58 pm

ZedHead wrote:I have met and know Gerrard who runs Becane fairly well. He won't tell me where he gets them but I do know he does not make them himself. Interested to know how the differ from originals

I've just compared photos from both companies and I'd say they are one and the same....
Although Becane didn't directly state they made them, they seemed to infer it.
The London guys are going to get back to me when they have the side plates sorted.

damien.wrl
100Club
100Club

#22 PostAuthor: damien.wrl » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:41 am

Ultim8pc wrote:
ZedHead wrote:I have met and know Gerrard who runs Becane fairly well. He won't tell me where he gets them but I do know he does not make them himself. Interested to know how the differ from originals

I've just compared photos from both companies and I'd say they are one and the same....
Although Becane didn't directly state they made them, they seemed to infer it.
The London guys are going to get back to me when they have the side plates sorted.

I am interested in a system, would like the stand and axle dents , side cover fixing plus oe part number stamp if possible , they all appear in different pictures but not all at once...

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#23 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:10 pm

would like the stand and axle dents , side cover fixing plus oe part number stamp

I would think they have tested these on a bike and found a solution to the stand and axle clearance issue. The front side cover fixing point looks different from the original which was more of a clamp affair than direct bolting point which appears in the picture. As with Doremi 4-4 pipes, they would not be allowed to stamp KHI part numbers due to IP legal reasons.

Ultimately, the more detail the higher the tooling costs and selling price will be. As good as these look, I think they will turn out to be original style replacements rather than exact replicas. Nothing wrong with that but I would like to see what they look like on a bike.

martfxr
new poster

#24 PostAuthor: martfxr » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:57 pm

My z1000 A2 also needs an nice 4 into 2
Please let me know if any decent replica pipes are available.
Mart
:drill :dead2
Z1000A2, K1300 GT, R1, HARLEY FXR

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#25 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:06 am

martfxr wrote:My z1000 A2 also needs an nice 4 into 2
Please let me know if any decent replica pipes are available.
Mart

The only real option are the pipes are talking about from from 'London Exhausts' in the Netherlands.
I am hoping to do a group buy for this and will open a post with info and to get interest registered.

damien.wrl
100Club
100Club

#26 PostAuthor: damien.wrl » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:58 am

ZedHead wrote:
would like the stand and axle dents , side cover fixing plus oe part number stamp

Ultimately, the more detail the higher the tooling costs and selling price will be. As good as these look, I think they will turn out to be original style replacements rather than exact replicas. Nothing wrong with that but I would like to see what they look like on a bike.

I have asked and they were happy to stamp original part numbers, I have also seen the seven or so different pictures available between the two outlets...all of the dents appear at some point or another, as to cost this is a 4:2 system far simpler than the similar priced 4:4 copy system...

Fitted to a bike pic , looks pretty good , stand dent??

Image :zzz

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#27 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Now I have seen some more detailed pictures I can see the axle clearance dents appear to be there. The part numbers appear to be lazer etched. I wont tell KHI if you don't :)

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#28 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:16 pm

ZedHead wrote:Now I have seen some more detailed pictures I can see the axle clearance dents appear to be there. The part numbers appear to be lazer etched. I wont tell KHI if you don't :)

Correct, they have 'dents' for the rear axle and the centre stand. The markings are etched, not stamped.

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#29 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:26 pm

I've opened a post for the 'group buy' for a replica exhaust system:
http://z1ownersclub.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44097

Return to “Projects”