Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

ST recommission

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

moizeau
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: ST recommission

#76 PostAuthor: moizeau » Wed May 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Cheers for the offer Darren, mine are white reflectors in the MK11 tail that was butchered when I bought it, gonna cut it up, it's buggered anyway. The clocks are on and work apart from the high beam light. Fuel gauge and all is good. The best thing is the centre stand grab handle, no back breaking at the 4th attempt. Just need some bars now, mine are too low and are off an Fxr750. Nice trundle down the lane this evening looking at Kwak clocks :D
Pete

Darren A
Regular Poster

#77 PostAuthor: Darren A » Wed May 20, 2020 8:37 pm

It’s still takes me 4 attempts to pull mine on to the Centre Stand even with grab Handles, they are a bit of lump :D . I replaced my handle bars with the semi low ones that Z Power sale, I found them to give a good riding position. Glad to hear it’s all coming together.

bedlow1
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#78 PostAuthor: bedlow1 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Just a tip with the stand, reverse the back tyre only on to a plank of wood etc first then put it on the centre stand, then pull the plank out it works a treat. much easier for weaklings like me
Used to have to do this on my Z1R as it was a lump too!
Now where did I leave my Keys!
1972 Z1 Euro Spec
1975 Z1B UK Bike

moizeau
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#79 PostAuthor: moizeau » Sun May 24, 2020 3:59 pm

Top tip, it was damn near back breaking without the grab handle, that would have helped loads then if I'd knew.
I know it's polishing a turd, but it's my turd, and it's just taken me on a nice 140km trundle.
100_8072.JPG
100_8073.JPG

Proper handlebars next, it should feel better and give the brake hose some relief!
Pete

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#80 PostAuthor: Bill P » Sun May 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Glad to hear you've had a run out on her :) whats next

moizeau
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#81 PostAuthor: moizeau » Sun May 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Ride and enjoy while playing with the GPz engine, it's not a pretty bike like Philippe's but it works and brings smiles.
Pete

NickJ
new poster

#82 PostAuthor: NickJ » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:08 pm

Darren A wrote:It’s still takes me 4 attempts to pull mine on to the Centre Stand even with grab Handles, they are a bit of lump :D . I replaced my handle bars with the semi low ones that Z Power sale, I found them to give a good riding position. Glad to hear it’s all coming together.

The semi Low bars from Z power are they slightly lower than the standard ST bars as I'm looking for some that are just slightly lower without going to extreme. I'm heading out into the garage later and going to try the plank of wood suggestion under the back wheel to try and get the bike on centre stand.

moizeau
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#83 PostAuthor: moizeau » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:23 pm

I got a pair after that post, nice comfortable riding position. The only thing I found is that the master cylinder and bars need adjusting together in order for the banjo to clear the rev counter. Interesting to see if Darren had the same issue.
Pete

Darren A
Regular Poster

#84 PostAuthor: Darren A » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:20 pm

Hello Pete

It does all get a bit tight between the master cylinder and Rev counter but you should be able to fit it in with out the banjo covering the Rev counter

8763B911-8A58-4B4A-9D77-B55179877854.jpeg

moizeau
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#85 PostAuthor: moizeau » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:23 pm

Darren, the photo was with the FXR750 bars, the semi-lows look the same as yours, just to one side..just...
Pete

Return to “Projects”