Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z650 / 1100

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

trikerdrew
100Club
100Club

Re: Z650 / 1100

#31 PostAuthor: trikerdrew » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:49 am

being the total knob that I am....

Clear as mud, was actually asking after the tailpiece :oops:

Bevelhead
Regular Poster

#32 PostAuthor: Bevelhead » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:58 pm

trikerdrew wrote:being the total knob that I am....

Clear as mud, was actually asking after the tailpiece :oops:

Ah I see. Well I collected the side panels and tail piece today from Z-Power, I went for the earlier style side panels (better looking imo), while I'd heard that the later tail piece was slightly wider than the earlier version. But sat side by side, they were the same width. Only difference was the mount for the two different kinds of rear light. Its very well made, with little 'give' so if it doesn't fit over the frame, I don't think there's enough flex to 'persuade' it to fit. I wont be able to try until later this week.

BTW.. here's the latest vid of the build.. https://youtu.be/K4TOmzJADVY

Bevelhead
Regular Poster

#33 PostAuthor: Bevelhead » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:44 pm

The Z1 tail unit from Z-Power is very well made but not unexpectedly didn't fit the now widened frame. Its made from ABS and was far too nice to cut up. So I bought another, cheaper tail unit, this time made from fibreglass. Of course this one also didn't fit, so I promptly cut it in half, as it'll be a lot easier to widen. Not sure yet what the best looking angle to arrange the two halves.. parallel to each other or angled in like in the photo below, or probably somewhere in between..

Meanwhile work on the inner plate for outrigger bearing support continued, its almost ready to go on the miller to be shaped now.

Oh and also realised the petcock will need to moved forward as it hits the Z1 side panel.. sigh :roll:
Attachments
IMG_8562.JPG
IMG_8548.JPG

Return to “Projects”