Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z 1000 ST ELR

Work in Progress

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Z 1000 ST ELR

#46 PostAuthor: Philippe » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:04 pm

Hi men

an update on the Z1000ST ELR
I imported her and it went smooth, no problems with the customs office and I got a certificate of conformity.
Before I was able to get a license plate on my name, my brother in law bought her...
He got a license plate and an insurance on his name but I had to break her in and get the gremlins and the bugs out.
I found out that the left hand front disc was warped, so I changed it for a good one.
When breaking her in it happened a few times that all of a sudden the electricity completely fel out, only the neutral and the oil lamp worked...it turned out to be a bad earth connection of the main loom with the negative pole of the battery. It worked fine most of the time but when I hitted a bump or a hole in the road, it went bad. That problem was easy solved.
During the breaking in period I found out that the steering was a bit strange. I changed the conical head stock bearings and that improved the handling enormously.
I drove her for about 650 Km and on the 4th of july I handed her over to her new owner.
Another restoration project came to an end, another classic Kawasaki was saved from the scrapyard.
Mission accomplished !!!
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Return to “Projects”