Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Uncle Sam or staight John Bull

Work in Progress

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Big Fluff
Hardcore
Hardcore

#16 PostAuthor: Big Fluff » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:29 pm

davejames wrote:Wish my B looked as good as that :oops: :oops:

Pull yer bloody finger out then Dave :lol:
I want to see that on the road for the Uttoxeter do :gob
Will
Kawasaki GPz750T, Kawasaki ZRX1100R, Kawasaki GPZ1000RX, H**** VF1000RG Rothmans, H**** VF500F2F, H**** CB1100RD, Suzuki GSX1100EFE, H**** XL125K2

rickman CRR
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#17 PostAuthor: rickman CRR » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:33 pm

Nice Zed there mate.

Pity you've taken it off the road during what is arguably the peak biking season. Perhaps you should have saved the major improvements until the winter as others have said.

You could have fitted a pushie speedo to keep it legal whilst your clox are away getting sorted. I'd return the centre stand and side stand to black powder coat and removed the bling chain guard. But then its your bike and what you want goes.

mark-19

#18 PostAuthor: mark-19 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:48 pm

I agree, both stands going back to black along with swing arm,chainguard going black plastic.As for which spec well that will be decided by the rearguard,mine is the long type but with reflector,might try brazing up the holes and rechroming unless anybody can fix me up with another one?

davejames
ZedHead
ZedHead

#19 PostAuthor: davejames » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:35 pm

Big Fluff wrote:
davejames wrote:Wish my B looked as good as that :oops: :oops:

Pull yer bloody finger out then Dave :lol:
I want to see that on the road for the Uttoxeter do :gob
Will

I'll steer, you push. If we set off on Sunday we just might make Uttoxeter.
Feng shui................my arse

mark-19

#20 PostAuthor: mark-19 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:56 pm

Well the clocks have returned and what a job Mr Rivett has done.The frame and other black stuff are back too so engine has gone back in.I've taken the clocks back off for now,just had to see them on though.[img][img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii31/mark-19/z1b047.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image
Decided on UK spec so took your advice dave james and sourced some shiny blanks(cheers floydsz1)but said bo###cks to the grips.
Buzzard set me off with the carbs so found some on ebay and they are now stripped ready for rebuild and fitting.
Vduk said i should've waited for the shit weather but didn't need to,oh by the way Ralph i took your advice with speeding ticket and explained the dodgy speedo situation and as yet "the matter is the subject of consideration by the prosecution dept"so i'll keep my hopes up on that one.
And the electrics i havn't tackled yet but i bought an A3 size colour wiring diagram from Kojaycat which is brilliant,all wires are shown in actual colour they are in the loom,anybody seen them?
With a bit of luck the good weather will appear late this year and the spruced up Z will see the road again.

gbh
100Club
100Club

#21 PostAuthor: gbh » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Can anyone tell me if Chris Rivett's rebuilt speedos use plastic or alloy faces?

phil churchett
Hardcore
Hardcore

#22 PostAuthor: phil churchett » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Not sure, but he does have a website. Look in the links section on Z Powers site. There was an article in Classic Mechanics magazine recently, i'll take a look in there to see if it says.
Four pipes rule, anything else is second best.

ludders
100Club
100Club

#23 PostAuthor: ludders » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Looking good :up
z900 a4 , zx9r

Bruce Sexton

#24 PostAuthor: Bruce Sexton » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:42 pm

Mark-19 nice looking bike you have there. If you've not junked your existing front fork reflectors I'd be interested in them if you don't want them anymore. PM me with price :)

Bruce

Return to “Projects”