Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Let Me Begin...

Work in Progress

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

neilbarrett
ZedHead
ZedHead

#16 PostAuthor: neilbarrett » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:44 pm

waiting 10 yrs for a head is taking the ? be surprised if it aint been sold,only had one deal with em,bought a katana petrol cap and keys of em,keys didnt fit the lock,enough said

Tall_order

#17 PostAuthor: Tall_order » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:14 pm

neilbarrett wrote:waiting 10 yrs for a head is taking the ? be surprised if it aint been sold,only had one deal with em,bought a katana petrol cap and keys of em,keys didnt fit the lock,enough said

To be honest Neil, I sent the head to them and then never called/sent money... Stuff got in the way. She's gone now though :)

Tall_order

#18 PostAuthor: Tall_order » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:50 pm

I'm wondering if I should be silly and do the USD forks thing? Can anyone seriously recommend a pair (and yokes) that will fit to my frame? And with none or minimal alterations... I have an oversized front rim with twin discs and would appreciate some advice on what brakes to get as well. That would fit USD's and my wheel that is?

RALPHARAMA
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#19 PostAuthor: RALPHARAMA » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:12 pm

It's a personal thang, but my belief is that if building up a bike based on a classic bike then using stuff that was, or at least could have been around at the time, eg 'arris zorst, Konis et al is great, but USD forks weren't about so shouldn't be used. I've never serviced a set, but my mate reckons they're a P in the A to service - extremely complex.

Bottom line though is that its your bike - do to it what makes you happy :lol: We're all entitled to our opinions but you grafted to buy her... :lol:
Ralph Ferrand
Z1000A1 (1977), Godier Genoud Z1300A5 (1983), Z900A4 Stock (1976), Z900A4 Special (project), GPZ1100 Unitrak (1983), ZRX1200R (2004) DT175MX (1981).

http://www.bikerstoolbox.co.uk

Don't be caught out http://www.dhlparcels.info/

Tall_order

#20 PostAuthor: Tall_order » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:39 pm

vduk wrote:It's a personal thang, but my belief is that if building up a bike based on a classic bike then using stuff that was, or at least could have been around at the time, eg 'arris zorst, Konis et al is great, but USD forks weren't about so shouldn't be used. I've never serviced a set, but my mate reckons they're a P in the A to service - extremely complex.

Bottom line though is that its your bike - do to it what makes you happy :lol: We're all entitled to our opinions but you grafted to buy her... :lol:

Surely, surely :) I can see where you're coming from. But there was a 'arris Magnum and that broke the mould a fair bit (and that was contemporary, and the race bikes based on Zeds had alloy swing-arms). If they're better, why not? Maybe they're not but I see some on here have fitted them. They certainly look good. Just some thoughts while I contemplate my next move :)

No harm in asking :)

london calling
Hardcore
Hardcore

#21 PostAuthor: london calling » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:23 am

The GSXR USD forks from the Slingshot models are popular as they are longer than the ones from later models.
Speak to Piggy Pigford for more info.
If you stick with RWU forks then ZXR750,ZZR are readily available for sensible money.
This subject has been discussed in more detail in the bike help section.
Jack

Return to “Projects”