Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1000 Money Muncher

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Pasc
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#16 PostAuthor: Pasc » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:27 pm

Tasty bike Bear.
Get yourself over to www.oldskoolperformance.com the guys over there will appreciate a pic or 2 of it.

mikey
Hardcore
Hardcore

#17 PostAuthor: mikey » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Very nice the blue body work goes so well with the green wheels.
Making the world a shiny place with a factory finish

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

#18 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:13 pm

mick z1a, I did the bricks meself. Glad to say I have spent a bit more time tinkering with me Zed than learning to block pave like a pro(fessional).

I will give the full spec & all the build details over the next few weeks. I will probably start with where it's at at the moment, then try and fill in all the blank spaces.

Chuffed you all seem to like it so far, still got a few problems to sort out, but I have resolved so many to date I am not gonna let it beat me now!

As for the 'Money Muncher' I have a MASSIVE pile of receipts sat at the end of my desk, that one day I may add up........ But not just yet! ( I know I am not alone here)

Any how it's 'Stella Time' so I'm off to a happy place.

london calling
Hardcore
Hardcore

#19 PostAuthor: london calling » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:23 pm

Top bike GB,enjoy your nite on the "Wifebeater" :wink:
Jack

PJ
Hardcore
Hardcore

#20 PostAuthor: PJ » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:28 pm

mothra wrote:Like this:

Wow ginger Bear what Canal did you pull that out of??
:shock: :shock:

What a fantastic looking bike you have now though!!
:D :D
WHO NEEDS DRUGS - WHEN YOU HAVE A ZED!!

mick znone
Hardcore
Hardcore

#21 PostAuthor: mick znone » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:59 pm

truth is GB, you probably did a better job on the drive than i would :up bike looks fantastic, wish i had that sort of skill.....................................hay tlc, you got it right there mate, useless lump me :drill :rake :hind :vstoopid
I DONT CARE, IN OR OUT BUT IM ENJOYING THE DEBATE......................ARMSTRONG MT500. a pushbike, waves.....addict, no offence

Mick Hayward
100Club
100Club

Z1000 Money Muncher

#22 PostAuthor: Mick Hayward » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:36 am

Hi

Fantastic looking bike.

Can you advise where or how you sourced the seat. Looks about as low as you can get.

Thanks

Mick

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

#23 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:34 am

Thanks for your comments Mick, the seat is made by Corbin (USA) the model is 'Gunfighter & Lady' (sounds a bit poncey, I know)
http://www.corbin.com/kawasaki/73kz.shtml
I think the UK importer was 1066 Moyorcycles, or something like that. Corbin website should take you to a UK dealer. Google around a bit & you should find somewhere in the UK to purchase. If you struggle PM me & I will delve into that big pile of receipts & give you details of where I got mine.
Seat is covered in leather, you can spec up exactly what you want, snakeskin, suede, trim colour etc. Cost around £200 & took a few weeks to arrive. If I am honest, the jury is still out deciding if it will stay on the bike.
It looks a little bit 'King & Queen' to me & I will always remember the new owner of a previous Z1000 restoration turning up to show me his 'improved' King & Queen seat Urrrrrgh. (Hope I don't have nightmares tonight) I will try & post some pics of this seat later today.

Mick Hayward
100Club
100Club

Z1000 Money Muncher

#24 PostAuthor: Mick Hayward » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Hey GB

Looks like a quality bit of kit to me. But each to there own. Thanks for the info. I think the nightmares might come from looking through the receipts so I'm quite happy to go to Corbin and search myself. Can I ask did you supply the seat pan for the build or did they start from scratch.

Still think the bike looks tremendous.

Mick

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

#25 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Mick, The seat comes with a base, it's a tough composite plastic type thing, so no worries regarding rot. you will need to supply a set of standard hinges & catch, then just bolt these to your new seat.
There was one on ebay, but sadly its just finished, it will give you some idea of what's available.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160310773532
I would be interested to know how you spec up your own seat, the options are quite varied.
Thanks GB

GUYZED
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#26 PostAuthor: GUYZED » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Image[/img]

Cracking Zed 1000 GB and not a swinging arm in sight :D
OLD ZED'S NEVER DIE THEY JUST GO FASTER...
Z1000A2 Z650B1

Ginger Bear
Hardcore
Hardcore

#27 PostAuthor: Ginger Bear » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:44 pm

As promised, a few more pics;
This is the 'first' version, that pipe has now gone. Think I must have had a big night on the stella before I came up with that!
Not too bad from behind (ooh err missus) sham that plod are a bit hot on number plates, this is somewhere between legal & silly
As I have said somewhere, this bike is still a work in progress & this is how she looks today.
Zorst has been replaced with something far more suitable!

The current 'Job' is extending the front forks, which involves quite a bit of work & (yes, no surprise) expense. Originally I had fitted ZX7R forks (as pictured) as I wanted to keep the whole thing Kawasaki, I had been told they were a bit short, but I thought hey, the nose down 'drag racer' look would be fine.
Well, it's not too bad, I jacked up the rear to compensate (that causes problems with the chain rubbing the swingingarm) The steering is also 'quickened' but the bike still felt stable without a steering damper.
I now want/need to fit an oil cooler, and there is just no space to fit it, so the decision was made to 'lift the front end.
This lift involves internally extending the forks by 40mm, then fitting some 50mm extensions on top of each leg giving me 90mm in total, which is pretty much what I lost when fitting USD ZX7R forks & a 17'' wheel.
New forks dictate having a new bottom yoke made, this will be 'stepped' or 'doglegged' if you prefer, by around 50mm. This step is necessary to enable the bottom yoke to clamp to the fork leg where it is parallel, avoiding the tapered part. I will post pictures when I have the yokes. I already have Mikey lined up for the polishing!
I was quoted £300 for the bottom yoke & extensions (over the phone). I actually drove to Gloucester last week to explain the job face to face & should have a firm price for the job tomorrow. I will let you all know how much it creeps up. I will also post all details of the company doing the job once it starts.
That's it for now, I can hear Stella calling!

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#28 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:00 pm

That exhaust it the business..... :twisted:

I bet the yokes & extensions end up more like double that quote :shock:

Looking really good though GB.... :wink:
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

brian 450
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#29 PostAuthor: brian 450 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Yes i agree pipe looks good!!!! didn't like first attempt though :shock: :lol:

Big John
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#30 PostAuthor: Big John » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:22 pm

That exhaust looks the business, don't normally like solid colour body work but that looks really good.
86 Z1100R x 2, z7/11r, ZRX400, Z1000B2, ,ZRX1100C4 & Z1000J3.

Return to “Projects”