Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

WARCO LATHE

Sell your non Z related old crap here. The club does not endorse your sales and Zero tolerance will be applied to any dispute related to selling or buying that is published on here. No stall holders.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

WARCO LATHE

#1 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Photo from Google - actual one has been used and is scruffier but mechanically sound!

Working lathe I bought off Ralphy a couple years back - but never used it :oops: it still works good - a mate checked it over last weekend.

Write up details when it came out few years back - now superceded by by the 240 model.

Continuing with our current feature showcasing some of our most popular lathes, we’re going to share a little more information about the 918 Lathe.
Originally introduced by Warco all the way back in 1985, this is one of our longest running products. In all that time, it’s never changed in any significant way – the 918 was designed and built right in the first place.
As far as metal turning lathes are concerned, the 918 ranks highly – in fact we still get feedback from a few customers who originally purchased a machine back in the 1980s to let us know that the same machine is still going strong now! A simple but reliable belt change lathe, long term stability and durability is ensured by taper roller spindle bearings. Also, a Norton gearbox is fitted – which reduces the number of change gears.
Machines are supplied with an individual accuracy test report and warranty, and as standard a selection of essential accessories including chucks, faceplate, toolpost, tool box, travelling steady and tool box – everything you need to get going.

No good asking me any tech details - but it has some extras, 4-jaw chuck, carbide cutting tools, micrometer, Zeus book, etc.

Looking for £350 firm! Will fit in back of estate car - needs 2 x people to lift - works from std 240v mains.
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

Zomerset Zed
100Club
100Club

Re: WARCO LATHE

#2 PostAuthor: Zomerset Zed » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:21 pm

I may have to come and see you. Definitely interested. I know you said don't ask anything technical, but metric dials?
Cheers :D

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#3 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:47 am

Zomerset Zed wrote:I may have to come and see you. Definitely interested. I know you said don't ask anything technical, but metric dials?
Cheers :D

Has both imperial and SI units on dials :P

Zomerset Zed
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: Zomerset Zed » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:40 pm

Even better. I will be over your way next Thursday. You going to be about?

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#5 PostAuthor: Pigford » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:52 am

Yep :wink:

Zomerset Zed
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: Zomerset Zed » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Things been mental recently. Have you still got the lathe as i am definitely still interested :oops:

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#7 PostAuthor: Pigford » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Sort of, BUT..... HartyB has expressed an interest last weekend - and as I didn't hear from you I thought you'd changed your mind so told him it was still available :oops:

He's threatening to come down for it shortly - rather awkward situation now - how embarrassing :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'll see what the score is ....

Zomerset Zed
100Club
100Club

#8 PostAuthor: Zomerset Zed » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:12 am

No worries Mark. I thought i had sent you a message saying i had been diverted but on checking i obviously haven't. That's what its been like recently, just not enough time :evil:
If HartyB doesn't have it off you, i will but seeing as you've told him he can have it, that's fine :D

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

#9 PostAuthor: Pigford » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 am

Zomerset Zed wrote:No worries Mark. I thought i had sent you a message saying i had been diverted but on checking i obviously haven't. That's what its been like recently, just not enough time :evil:
If HartyB doesn't have it off you, i will but seeing as you've told him he can have it, that's fine :D

Thanks - we've not had much luck sorting out stuff between us :lol: But if HartyB doesn't stump up - it's yours !

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#10 PostAuthor: paul doran » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:37 am

looks like a bargain
way too many Zeds

Return to “The Car Boot Sale”