Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

hotmail.com outlook.com gmail.com Aol.com New Registrations

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Administrator
Site Admin

hotmail.com outlook.com gmail.com Aol.com New Registrations

#1 PostAuthor: Administrator » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:35 pm

We have always had an issue with spam registrations but recently it has become worse for some reason with scores every day. 90%+ of these are from bogus hotmail.com emails so I am going to have to put a bar on hotmail.com registrations similar to the gmail one that was put on some time ago for similar reasons. This will not have any affect on current hotmail.com users, but will mean that any new user wishing to register with a hotmail.com address or anyone wishing to change their email to a hotmail.com one can still do that, but will need to email admin@z1ownersclub.co.uk and I will set it up as the board won't take it the normal way. This will just apply to hotmail.com not hotmail.co.uk.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and when we get new forum software will will have a more precise way of weeding out spam, but at the moment it's needed, it won't stop the spam but it will cut it hugely.

Thanks.
In the Valley of the Pissed the half cut man is King

Administrator
Site Admin

#2 PostAuthor: Administrator » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Further to this pretty much all our spam is now coming from outlook.com so new registrations using the usual form will no longer work in an effort to stamp it out. As above, if you are wishing to register using this email, contact admin as above and we can set it up, or just use something else. We don't appear to have too many using outlook.com anyway. This won't affect anyone already registered.

Currently gmail.com, hotmail.com and outlook.com are locked out from registering. googlemail.com will work, as will hotmail.co.uk
In the Valley of the Pissed the half cut man is King

SUPERHUNK
new poster

Re: hotmail.com outlook.com gmail.com Aol.com New Registrations

#3 PostAuthor: SUPERHUNK » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Understandable, thank you for letting me in! Chris

Return to “New Here?”