Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Fame number

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Denman
new poster

Fame number

#1 PostAuthor: Denman » Wed May 17, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi I have a Kz 1000 A1 registered in February 1977 I am trying to get it registered for HISTORIC road tax, I would need to know the year of MANUFACTURE the FRAME NUMBER IS KZT00A-007984 can anyone help? Many thanks Den.

chrisNI
Site Admin

Re: Fame number

#2 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 pm

I'd guess that one will be about September 1976 - you need to contact Kawasaki UK Customer Service they'll steer you in the right direction, as far as I know the manufacturer is one of the few authorities the DVA will accept dating authentication from nowadays. I'm not sure how much they charge, and they'll only issue if engine and frame both match factory records.

If you get this done let us know the date they give you it's always interesting to know confirmed dates. Was it first registered in the US?

Denman
new poster

#3 PostAuthor: Denman » Wed May 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi Chris, thanks for the information I will try to contact Kawasaki and see if they can help me, I will let you know the outcome. I don't no if it was registered in the US I will try and find out. Thanks again Den.

chrisNI
Site Admin

#4 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Wed May 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Denman wrote: I don't no if it was registered in the US I will try and find out. Thanks again Den.

I only asked because you called it a KZ. It's not an American built one by the frame number.

PAULJAC47
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: PAULJAC47 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:24 am

If its registered in 1977 and states that on the v5 it qualifies for historic next April 2018.
PAULJAC47,,,,,"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."
-Han Solo

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

Salad is what real food eats.
Anon

PUM 673

Return to “New Here?”