Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

THOUGHT IT WAS A Z1 NOT SURE ANY MORE

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Kawandy
Regular Poster

THOUGHT IT WAS A Z1 NOT SURE ANY MORE

#1 PostAuthor: Kawandy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:24 pm

:oh HI IM OF A CERTAIN AGE THAT DROWLED OVER Z1S BACK IN THE DAY FIRST TIME ROUND LOOKING FOR SOMETHING BETWEEN 73 TO 76 NOT SURE WHAT IS RELEVANT MODELS SO JOIN YOUR CLUB TO EDUCATE MY SELF ANY HELP WITH YEARS MODELS IMPORTS POSSIBLE LEADS OR AVAILABLE BIKES WOULD BE APPRECIATED Z1 HISTORY REALLY WHILST I TROLL THE CLUB SITE FOR INFO.MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE SOUND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE ZERO IN ANTICIPATION ANDY :oh

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: THOUGHT IT WAS A Z1 NOT SURE ANY MORE

#2 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello and welcome. Site mainly covers all large capacity air cooled Zeds from 1972 - 1984 ish.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Kawandy
Regular Poster

#3 PostAuthor: Kawandy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:11 pm

THANKS ADRIAN IS THERE A VALUATION ELEMENT ON THIS SITE BEARING MILEAGE CONDITION YEAR FOR A GUIDE THANKS ANDY

freddyz1r
ZedHead
ZedHead

#4 PostAuthor: freddyz1r » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Good evening Andy, welcome to the forum.
Cheers freddy
Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

It's not me who can't keep a secret. It's the people I tell that can't.

freddyz1r
PUM 329

Kawandy
Regular Poster

#5 PostAuthor: Kawandy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 pm

freddyz1r wrote:Good evening Andy, welcome to the forum.
Cheers freddy

EVENING FREDDY NOT FAR FROM ME IN CHESTERFIELD JUST WORKIN MY WAY ROUND THE SITE

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Kawandy wrote:THANKS ADRIAN IS THERE A VALUATION ELEMENT ON THIS SITE BEARING MILEAGE CONDITION YEAR FOR A GUIDE THANKS ANDY

This site does not have a valuation part. As values seem to be constantly changing. But feel free to post pictures the guys will put a price on it.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Kawandy
Regular Poster

#7 PostAuthor: Kawandy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 pm

ADRIAN H wrote:
Kawandy wrote:THANKS ADRIAN IS THERE A VALUATION ELEMENT ON THIS SITE BEARING MILEAGE CONDITION YEAR FOR A GUIDE THANKS ANDY

This site does not have a valuation part. As values seem to be constantly changing. But feel free to post pictures the guys will put a price on it.

Thanks Adrian :wink

freddyz1r
ZedHead
ZedHead

#8 PostAuthor: freddyz1r » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Kawandy wrote:
Cheers freddy

EVENING FREDDY NOT FAR FROM ME IN CHESTERFIELD JUST WORKIN MY WAY ROUND THE SITE

No just down the road, there's a good few z fans around you (couple of them come on here). Glapwell, 3 from Shirebrook etc
cheers freddy
Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

freddyz1r
PUM 329

Kawandy
Regular Poster

#9 PostAuthor: Kawandy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:42 pm

freddyz1r wrote:
Kawandy wrote:
Cheers freddy

No just down the road, there's a good few z fans around you (couple of them come on here). Glapwell, 3 from Shirebrook etc
cheers freddy

That's good ill look out for them is there any reason to stay away from usa imports or is that the only way into the market .Cheers Andy

floydsz1
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: floydsz1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:41 pm

Doesn't matter where they come from, they were all built in the same place, except that z900a5 . USA ones are generally a bit cheaper than a uk one, it's all down to condition really, they cost a lot to restore so buying a good one usually can work out cheaper, unless you can do a lot of the work yourself.
There's a lot of overpriced ones about , but they do turn up at reasonable prices, usually from someone on here.
Z1b,
zxr750 m2,
zrx1200
Z1000j lawson race bike,
Versys 1000gt (2019),
Gsxr750H.

Kawandy
Regular Poster

#11 PostAuthor: Kawandy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:17 pm

floydsz1 wrote:Doesn't matter where they come from, they were all built in the same place, except that z900a5 . USA ones are generally a bit cheaper than a uk one, it's all down to condition really, they cost a lot to restore so buying a good one usually can work out cheaper, unless you can do a lot of the work yourself.
There's a lot of overpriced ones about , but they do turn up at reasonable prices, usually from someone on here.

Thanks Floydsz1 I will keep checking the listings do they appear on for sale posting or general posting forum Andy

freddyz1r
ZedHead
ZedHead

#12 PostAuthor: freddyz1r » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Kawandy wrote:
freddyz1r wrote:
Kawandy wrote:
Cheers freddy

cheers freddy

That's good ill look out for them is there any reason to stay away from usa imports or is that the only way into the market .Cheers Andy

Ayup andy, depends what YOU want. Yankees tend to be a fair bit cheaper than an original registered UK bike. The spec (depending on what 'z' it is ) are slightly different ie single disc, or shorter rear mudguard etc etc. Depending on what model you are interested in, there will be someone on here, or on your doorstep who will be able to advise. You'll pay handsomely for a finished quality bike in the current market. Depends how 'original' you want, what you can repair/source etc and of course time scale. Patience can save you pounds :wink:
cheers freddy

freddyz1r
PUM 329

Kawandy
Regular Poster

#13 PostAuthor: Kawandy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:42 am

freddyz1r wrote:
Kawandy wrote:
freddyz1r wrote:
Kawandy wrote:
Cheers freddy

cheers freddy

Ayup andy, depends what YOU want. Yankees tend to be a fair bit cheaper than an original registered UK bike. The spec (depending on what 'z' it is ) are slightly different ie single disc, or shorter rear mudguard etc etc. Depending on what model you are interested in, there will be someone on here, or on your doorstep who will be able to advise. You'll pay handsomely for a finished quality bike in the current market. Depends how 'original' you want, what you can repair/source etc and of course time scale. Patience can save you pounds :wink:
cheers freddy

Thanks Freddy Ill change down a gear :oops or two :biggrin keep looking ,if owt comes for sale is were would it normally be advertised .Andy :wink

Return to “New Here?”