Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

New member form Cornwall

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Icky
Regular Poster

New member form Cornwall

#1 PostAuthor: Icky » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:48 am

Hi all, not really new I suppose as was a member many years ago before being lured away by an Airhead beemer, but now I've got myself a KZ1000A2 to try and restore...first thing, change the oil etc and drop the sump, I'm sure everything will be fine....it wasn't, part of the front cam guide was lurking down there...POOH! :D

Cheers Steve

chrisNI
Site Admin

Re: New member form Cornwall

#2 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:06 am

Better to find it... :D :welc

But...

ttiw :D

Icky
Regular Poster

#3 PostAuthor: Icky » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:50 am

Here is a piccie, looks like it had a fight with the cam chain on the way down too :(
Attachments
P1120919.JPG
P1120919.JPG (208.52 KiB) Viewed 2582 times

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Philippe » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi Steve
welcome to the club!
Unfortunately it's a common thing that an old cam chain guide breaks off...
The only thing to do is to replace it with a new one by taking the head and the barrels off.
When you're doing that you might as wel change the camchain system completely just in case...
If you have any questions, don't hesitate, just ask! There's a lot of nice guys here ready to help you with advice.
Enjoy your membership!
Greetings from Belgium
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Icky
Regular Poster

#5 PostAuthor: Icky » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Thanks for the reassurance Philippe, fingers crossed there isn't to many issues waiting for me :biggrin

damien.wrl
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: damien.wrl » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:02 am

Hello and welcome , I am up the Devon end of Cornwall with an A1 ..and can’t help you in the slightest as I am a mechanical disaster .....some pics are always good to see
If you are struggling for an exhaust , there is a group buy currently on for some fair 4:2 1000 reps

Icky
Regular Poster

#7 PostAuthor: Icky » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:57 pm

damien.wrl wrote:Hello and welcome , I am up the Devon end of Cornwall with an A1 ..and can’t help you in the slightest as I am a mechanical disaster .....some pics are always good to see
If you are struggling for an exhaust , there is a group buy currently on for some fair 4:2 1000 reps

Many thanks for the info Damien :D

Return to “New Here?”