Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Me, the new guy

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

rick-chuck
Regular Poster

Me, the new guy

#1 PostAuthor: rick-chuck » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:35 pm

Cheers from stateside Colorado. After a year of attempts, I've managed to sign up to the Zed club. I've been with Kawasaki since 1971 when I traded a 1939 Mercury sedan for a '69 H1 500. Little did I realize...So I went on a near death love affair with the Mach III until 1975, when I went to Sports Center and bought a brand new Z1 900 for $1,995 (1,525 BP). Those were the days. It was sold when I went into the Navy for 20 years. I then bought a '74 model and rode it until I got the Ducati bug and traded it for a beautiful '85 750 F1. Wish I hadn't sold that one. Then in '05 I found a chopped up 1/73 Z1 street racer. Why do people cut these things of beauty up into junk??? 2 years later I had a fully restored '73. But,I needed cash for a '49 Vincent Rapide so sold the early Zed to a Japanese collector. Yea, the Vincent is another I wished I hadn't sold.
After that bout of trades and sales, I found a nice '71 H1 with 480 original miles that had been stuck in a potato cellar for 30 years. Ugly would be a complement, but it was all there and 100% original. Fully restored, and is a real keeper.
Now I'm completing my '75 Z1 that had been sitting for 10 years. A previous owner (a kid, really) had rattle-canned the thing- EVERYTHING- flat black. But it too was mostly original with 44,000 miles and the price was very right. It's almost completed, the tank and ducktail having decals applied as I write. Even a complete tool bag WITH the elusive feeler gauge. The only thing it lacks are correct shocks. These too will eventually show up.
So that's me. My other rides are a Cafe'd out '75 CB400f(dyno'd out at 54 rwhp!), 1984 BMW R100CS, the '71 H1, and my '95 Yamaha XT350 Cheers, All- Richard C

KeithZ1R

Re: Me, the new guy

#2 PostAuthor: KeithZ1R » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Never give up :up :D
Keith
:bop :gom

You can never have too many tools in your life, except the two legged variety

I'm never wrong, once I thought I was but I was
mistaken.

Phil Churchett winner 2013

chrisNI
Site Admin

#3 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:32 pm

Welcome along sorry it took so long to get in. :welc

Now you are in you know what we need....? :snap

ttiw

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi Rick-chuck, welcome to the club. You'll find all the help and advice you could ever want on here.
Where about's in Colorado are you? I used to spend a lot of time in the Denver area with work.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Philippe » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:10 am

Hi rick
welcome to the club!
Interesting story you told us.
As mentioned before: show us some pictures of your bikes please.
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Luvolbikes
Regular Poster

#6 PostAuthor: Luvolbikes » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:10 pm

Rick. Appears we have some things in common. I have a 1950 C rapide. I have a 73 H1 ( the 69 would be preferable although I always loved the orange 72 H1B.) I'm in Arizona . Most of my best riding back in the 70S involved Z1s and KZs. Some great rides to the Grand Canyon and around Arizona. Hope to converse with you more. Welcome. John

Return to “New Here?”