Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Hello and new exhaust needed.

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...
Domo 1
Regular Poster

Hello and new exhaust needed.

#1 PostAuthor: Domo 1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:31 pm

I have just joined the club ,I have a 1976 Z900 A4 which I have owned for a very long time .I need a new exhaust and am thinking of going towards a full 4 into 4 system .
I know Z power sell a system but thought I would get advice from the Z Club
I need a new front mudguard also and I am thinking do I keep my old original paintwork which is getting a bit ratty now and go for new paintwork on tank ,tailpiece and side panels .
If new paintwork who can be recommended in the north west area to keep to the original colours
Cheers .

marmck
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

Re: Hello and new exhaust needed.

#2 PostAuthor: marmck » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Hello & Welcome to the club , we like pickies .

Domo 1
Regular Poster

#3 PostAuthor: Domo 1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:50 pm

IMG_0646.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG

Pics 5 yrs ago

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi Domo1
welcome to the club!
Nice pictures of your bike, thanks!
You say it's a '76 Z900A4 but it has a '75 Z1B style paintset on it, the front fork seems to be Z900A4 as is the taillight.
You can get a 4 in 4 exhaust at Z-Power in the UK and a front mudguard also.
As far as the paintset is concerned I think there are very knowledgable people on the forum who can give you good advice.
Good luck!
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

DavidZ1R
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: DavidZ1R » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:56 pm

Welcome Domo1, if your looking for a paint job, give Richie a ring at FX paintwork, Ormskirk, done 2 sets for me top bloke, ask Garry Leonard.
CB125 GT380 CB750F1 Z1R GPZ 750 Turbo Z1R

DavidZ1R
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: DavidZ1R » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:57 pm

DavidZ1R wrote:Welcome Domo1, if your looking for a paint job, give Richie a ring at FX paintwork, Ormskirk, done 2 sets for me top bloke, ask Garry Leonard.

And call z power, Phil will do you a good deal, discount for club members
CB125 GT380 CB750F1 Z1R GPZ 750 Turbo Z1R

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:33 pm

As David Says, Z Power is only up the Road in Leigh and their service is Superb. They'll do the Repop pipes and either a Gen or repop Guard.

Also as David says, Richie is your paint Man, not far from you in Ormskirk and his work is Real Quality.

He did this A4 for me (Diamond Dark Green)

Z1076.jpg
Z1076.jpg (249.31 KiB) Viewed 5142 times

Z1070.jpg
Z1070.jpg (90.55 KiB) Viewed 5142 times
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Domo 1
Regular Poster

#8 PostAuthor: Domo 1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi
Thanks all for the advice , that diamond dark green is a lovely job it's a dilemma now do I keep my colours or go for something new !

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:52 pm

Domo 1 wrote:Hi
Thanks all for the advice , that diamond dark green is a lovely job it's a dilemma now do I keep my colours or go for something new !

It's an A4 - Paint it in A4 colours. :D

If you wanted to be a bit different but stay original then you could go for the other A4 colour Diamond Dark Brown. MUCH rarer and a little marmite but if done correctly really pops in the Sun.

download.jpg
download.jpg (8.76 KiB) Viewed 5120 times

Domo 1
Regular Poster

#10 PostAuthor: Domo 1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Your right needs A 4 colours the diamond dark brown is really interesting now with the diamond dark green what else is there out there !

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#11 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Domo 1 wrote:Your right needs A 4 colours the diamond dark brown is really interesting now with the diamond dark green what else is there out there !

A4 like most KHI models only came in two colours, the Brown & Green unless you wish to go off piste again.

chrisNI
Site Admin

#12 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:29 pm

Dave Marsden did a dark blue version of an A4 scheme one at one time that looked really nice :shock: I have a pic of it somewhere it was on the cover of one of the first yearbooks I’ll dig it out

Domo 1
Regular Poster

Re: Hello again

#13 PostAuthor: Domo 1 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:36 pm

Hello
I posted this 10 weeks ago and spent £ 2000 plus with Z power and went in the garage because I’ve been off work and according to the missus I never came out so thanks for all the advice from all members so with new exhausts ,mudguard ,speedo now working (first time in 25 years and not an mot failure in them days ,and also no speed cameras ) and many many new bits from coils to new clutch and throttle cables ,carb kits and they were a bugger could I stop em leaking out ,I did eventually with some help from a mate ,I bought a pingel tap so I could turn the tank off ,yes I had a vacuum tap ? I know it’s an A4 and when I bought the bike in 1986 it had this Z1 b paint job ,maybe from new cos it was always a bit weathered and amusingly I was oblivious to A4 colours pre -internet ,Z clubs etc in those days .
Now a bit of re -chroming on the rear mudguard and grab-rail and maybe a new paint job and mmm ...what colour...I’ve always liked those stripes .
Finally I proper rode this bike in the 90’s and I took it down to the Pyrenees mountains and pretty much all over France and it never let me down ,I put it to rest well knackered in 2001 and bought another bike and got older with better cars and vowed to restore it one day if I could get time and with the nasty Covid 19 ,I did .....
Cheers
I know you want piccy’s but I’m an older git and can I get my head around this forum to attach pics ,I did do it on the first post it must have been the beer !

chrisNI
Site Admin

Re: Hello again

#14 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:12 pm

Domo 1 wrote:I know you want piccy’s but I’m an older git and can I get my head around this forum to attach pics ,I did do it on the first post it must have been the beer !

No excuses break out the beer.... :pist

ttiw

Domo 1
Regular Poster

#15 PostAuthor: Domo 1 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:28 pm

Ok I’m drinking beer now how do I attach pics again ,I do it on normal emails ,what’s app etc ...I don’t do Facebook no reason just don’t.... I’m just having a bit of bother with ...image or is it ..img ,...URL .... #£@&*+=£ m£&@*

Return to “New Here?”