Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Requesting info on RX1000 is poss

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

RXPete2021
new poster

Requesting info on RX1000 is poss

#1 PostAuthor: RXPete2021 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:43 pm

Hello gents
The name is Pete,one of the older bikers,I've had a1986 gpz 1000rx since it was 4 years old, I understand this is a Z1 forum but was hoping,I stripped her down 10 ish years ago but due to another bike coming along rite time rite price and working away the bike just never got rebuild till just lately ,I have now encountered 2 problems
1/ a Red/Yellow wire just under the head stock,the wiring diagram says 2 things one its part of the lighting for the pass light which its not the other is to the fan switch but I can not find said switch its not the heat sensor that already connected.
2/ the rubber cover called the trim seal cove I could do with a picture of this on the bike if possible.
I was looking for a way to attach some picture of said parts but I can not see how to attach

Thanks Pete. The RX Man

KeithZ1R

Re: Requesting info on RX1000 is poss

#2 PostAuthor: KeithZ1R » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:03 pm

somebody will be along with your info shortly , meanwhile whilst yor waiting read this

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46954
Keith
:bop :gom

You can never have too many tools in your life, except the two legged variety

I'm never wrong, once I thought I was but I was
mistaken.

Phil Churchett winner 2013

chrisNI
Site Admin

#3 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:24 pm

:welc welcome along I’m sure your answer will be following shortly as Keith says... :shock:

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Philippe » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:35 am

Hi Pete
welcome to the forum!
If you can put some pictures on here, it would be easier to help you out.
So just try it by reading the explanation KeithZ1R gave you the "link" to.

The colour of the wiring can be tricky. You can have a red/yellow wire but also a yellow/red wire. The dominant colour of a wire is named first, so just find out what the dominant colour of your wire is.

At the "old" Zeds the red/yellow together with the red/black and the black/yellow (ground) wire provides power to the headlight bulb. The yellow/red wire is situated in the right hand handlebar switch and comes from the ignition-emergency interruptor.

I have no expierence with the "newer" bikes so I have no idea where the red/yellow wire of your RX provides power to.
I'm sure somebody will be able to help you.
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

mark d
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: mark d » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi Pete welcome . I have 3 complete rx s and one in bits and I belong to the gpz rx 1000 owners club on face ache it’s free to join and there is a wealth of knowledge just like the z1 owners club there will always be some one to help
I can look at mine in a few days time to see where the wire goes to , first is it a British bike as the wiring is slightly different from some of the other countries . First try to join the club if not I will have a look at mine
4 pipe a1, z1000 st ,gpz rx 1000 x3 , Rx bitza in boxes x1

Return to “New Here?”