Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

New member looking for my old Z1000ST

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

GSSTEVE
new poster

New member looking for my old Z1000ST

#1 PostAuthor: GSSTEVE » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:50 am

Greetings all here on the Z1 forum, i am looking for my old Z1000ST Reg CRD233V in the fabulous dark green metallic. I owned the bike in 1989-1993 and had a great appreciation of what they were capable of, i literally could not blow it up..It had appx 40,000 miles when i sold it to buy a Z1100 Shafty. It had a Harris Works collection silencer, Renthal bars and that's it.
I toured Europe on it, thrashed it within an inch at all times, i remember that Harris pipe to this day. The Z1100 was nowhere close to the Z1000, so that went by the wayside and i upgraded...to a GPZ1100 Uni, again just did not have the raw edge of the ST.
I know the bike is on sorn, no recent mot history, and it last changed hands in 2015. I sold it to a chap near Chalfont St Giles but could be anywhere now.
I would love to get it back or at least know its still out there in 1 piece with someone else enjoying it, any info gratefully received. This is the bike i first met my wife on, picked her up on the first date in 1989, cold November night on way to pub and very nearly put it into the side of a mini that pulled across us, god knows how i missed it but she was mightily impressed, and still together...
Please anyone who knows anyone with a Z1000ST with the above reg number please get in touch.
Many Thanks, Steve.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: New member looking for my old Z1000ST

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:09 pm

Hello Steve

welcome to the club!
You did use the right words on the behaviour of the Z1000ST ! Once you learn to know them, you fall in love with them and it's an ever lasting love.
I'm also fond of the Z1000ST.
I bought one new in 1983, made several journeys with it to the south of Europe, sold it in 1992 and heard nothing about it for 22 years.
In 2014 I was able to buy it back.
In the mean time I have 3 of them in my collection and a fourth to be restored ...
I hope you find yours back! Good luck !
Greetings from Belgium.
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

GSSTEVE
new poster

#3 PostAuthor: GSSTEVE » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:13 am

Hi Philippe ,yes i have to say the Z1000ST has left a lasting impression on me, very few bikes have, very few i want again!! I hope i can find it just to know it still breathes.
Here are a couple of pics back in 1992, Harris pipe, Marzocchi shocks, i can hear the lovely noise in my head!!
If i do find it and get it back i will be in touch, i bet you have plenty of spares!!
Take care, Steve.

z1st-2.jpg

z1st.jpg

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:00 pm

Very nice bikes the ST, yours looks a beauty. If it’s a 1979 model it’s Mot and Tax exempt. Good luck with the search.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

dave cullen
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: dave cullen » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:48 pm

Welcome to the club Steve, your bike looked a beauty, hope you find it, at least it appears to exist, unlike my old A1!

Dave
Z900A4 Z1000A1 Z1100R

Return to “New Here?”