Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Vendetta and his shaft addiction

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Vendetta761
100Club
100Club

Vendetta and his shaft addiction

#1 PostAuthor: Vendetta761 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:44 am

Hello again all, you may remember me from a few years back , 3 x ST project , viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26326 , then hit with vile illness, hospital , in out, divorce, house move, bike sales to fund divorce , covid, lockdown, covid etc etc but now I am back.
regretting I ever sold the Z,s especially my full rest/ rebuild and am back on my feet and searching for a Z1000 ST project again for a forever till I die keeper, have a few irons in the fire and Paul may be able to sort me out with a base starter but hey, just thought I would say hello and sorry to hear the passing of so many club members in the meantime, their help and kindness will always be remembered.

My girlfriend has a number of bikes ( Ace!) and is selling a few ones that may be of interest so I will post them up here if of interest, as this may help fund the new project in part but look out for another saga of my addiction to ST's being on display on a screen near you soon!
Best of regards to you all, may the skies be blue, the roads be made from liquorice and your carbs breath cool clean air !
Z1000 ST x 3 ( now sold , 0 at mo :sad ) , Moto Guzzi Le Mans , Moto Guzzi G5 special ,V11 special, Ducati Scrambler.

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Vendetta and his shaft addiction

#2 PostAuthor: Bill P » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:26 am

Welcome back and fit and well :up
There's a project 1000ST on ebay i saw yesterday by the way

Vendetta761
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: Vendetta761 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:41 am

thank you Bill, yes saw that on my saved Ebay search but I think I have first refusal on one already, just scraping funds together to re start my quest!
Z1000 ST x 3 ( now sold , 0 at mo :sad ) , Moto Guzzi Le Mans , Moto Guzzi G5 special ,V11 special, Ducati Scrambler.

chrisu

#4 PostAuthor: chrisu » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:17 pm

welcome back - sounds like you've a hard time. Good luck with the search

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Philippe » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:20 pm

Hi Vendetta761

welcome to the club, from one shaft addict to another!
As soon as you have a bike show us some pictures please!
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

mark d
100Club
100Club

#6 PostAuthor: mark d » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:17 pm

Welcome back I remember. Reading about your shafties I have owned one for close on 30 years and it’s almost totally standard , the st is in the blood
4 pipe a1, z1000 st ,gpz rx 1000 x3 , Rx bitza in boxes x1

Vendetta761
100Club
100Club

#7 PostAuthor: Vendetta761 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:18 pm

Crikey O'Reilly, cor blimey , by Jove , it's been a while however I have returned at last. More family issues, health, bereavements and house moves etc but now, I hope, touch wood etc, a little more stable.

Finally found another Z1000 ST which I hope to go get next week if all is well, which will make my 7th. I should never have sold the one I restored in my ST x 3 thread, I contacted the buyer but he is holding onto it, I don't blame him, he got a bargain as it was effectively a new bike.
Not sure of the protocol,( please advise moderators? ), should I start a new thread in Projects or in Z1000ST to show what comes and how it changes, pictures will follow and then more annoying questions and requests for parts I am sure, will defo need some engine bars /crash bars for starters.

chrisNI
Site Admin

#8 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:33 pm

[quote="Vendetta761"
Not sure of the protocol,( please advise moderators? ), should I start a new thread in Projects or in Z1000ST to show what comes and how it changes, pictures will follow and then more annoying questions and requests for parts I am sure, will defo need some engine bars /crash bars for starters.[/quote]

Probably more straightforward to start a new thread for the new one in Projects. My thoughts at least...

Z1streetfighter71
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#9 PostAuthor: Z1streetfighter71 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:35 pm

Welcome back back mate and looking forward to a good Z1000st build thread, and so will Philippe i would say.

r3sc
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#10 PostAuthor: r3sc » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:14 pm

Welcome back! Nothing wrong with a good shaftie! Although I have my fix from a different stable that’s a bit more on the dark side! :D

IMG_7660.jpeg

Vendetta761
100Club
100Club

#11 PostAuthor: Vendetta761 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:48 pm

Thanks all, tidy shiny GS, defo from the dark side) will hope to post a new thread on Projects next week!

Return to “New Here?”