Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

New member long term owner

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Mrglee
Regular Poster

New member long term owner

#1 PostAuthor: Mrglee » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:00 pm

Hello there 30 year+ owner of a z1000st e2 unfortunately the bike and myself haven't been on the road for 20 of those mortgage and life got in the way now have money and time to get it back on the road again.

Bike was striped and sprayed wheels,tank,panels a z900 tail piece fitted all midnight blue had the swinging arm and engine brackets chromed frame repainted gloss black and many hours polishing ally looked stunning when finished but that was a long time ago stored outside under various covers looks very sad now.
Other than tyres, check all bearings and a service all I need is a pair of front brake calipers seen some in good condition but tor a kz1000st USA model thought it would be exactly the same bike other than trim details can someone confirm?.
Plan is just to get it back on the road then over winter restore to its former glory I had a lot of fun on that bike really looking forward to riding again.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: New member long term owner

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:46 pm

Hello Mrglee

welcome to the club!
You have the right bike to have long roadtrips.
The ST is strong, reliable and forgiving.
I have three of them and I restored 5 or 6 of them to original or special condition.
They're my favorit bikes since 1983 when I bought one brand new.
If you need advice on the restoration, don't hesitate, just ask!
You can use the US brake calipers on a UK bike, no problem but why would you buy new ones? Are the pistons seized? If that's the case, release the bleed nipple and give a knock (or a few knocks) on the caliper with a rubber hammer. That should cure the problem.
Good luck with the restoration...oh and before I forget, show us some pictures please.
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Mrglee
Regular Poster

#3 PostAuthor: Mrglee » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:58 pm

Cheers Philippe i removed the calipers 15 years ago overhaul everything and then put them in a safe place so safe that I can't find them.
Yes I went to Germany Italy and Spain on mine fantastic bike had a few bikes over the years Inc a z1000r but the st is my favourite hence why I still have it.

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:34 pm

Welcome to the club.
The ST is a great and under rated bike. Sadly with low resale values compared to any of the other models.
I've had two. One of them for 10m years and 50k miles and the current one since '96 and has been disassembled for 20 years or so.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Return to “New Here?”