Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Z1000J Build

Work in Progress

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

LeeJackson
100Club
100Club

Re: Z1000J Build

#271 PostAuthor: LeeJackson » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:23 am

So I think the carriers are good, just need new discs, but I don't really want to be taking them off and waiting for ages for new ones to be made at this time of year or I'll miss the week of summer in Scotland! Lol. If someone had KipKawa's drawings then that would be a hit so I could get them manufactured off them.. Dave maybe you can check on the price of some discs for me to do until I sort the S1 ones out.. will email you.

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#272 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:56 am

LeeJackson wrote:So I think the carriers are good, just need new discs, but I don't really want to be taking them off and waiting for ages for new ones to be made at this time of year or I'll miss the week of summer in Scotland! Lol. If someone had KipKawa's drawings then that would be a hit so I could get them manufactured off them.. Dave maybe you can check on the price of some discs for me to do until I sort the S1 ones out.. will email you.

I will get on it.

Do the North Coast 500. It is on my bucket list :-)

LeeJackson
100Club
100Club

#273 PostAuthor: LeeJackson » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:15 pm

That's defiantly on the hit list Dave, but Mam will likely want to take the fookin Caravan!

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#274 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:48 am

LeeJackson wrote:So I think the carriers are good, just need new discs, but I don't really want to be taking them off and waiting for ages for new ones to be made at this time of year or I'll miss the week of summer in Scotland! Lol. If someone had KipKawa's drawings then that would be a hit so I could get them manufactured off them.. Dave maybe you can check on the price of some discs for me to do until I sort the S1 ones out.. will email you.

I have sent you an email Lee.

LeeJackson
100Club
100Club

#275 PostAuthor: LeeJackson » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Spot on Dave cheers! I got the MOT out of the way finally today so can send of for my UK V5 now.. gives me a couple of weeks to sort this really annoying ticking noise that won't go away!

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#276 PostAuthor: Coose » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:44 pm

What you need is a decent set of earplugs... :wink:

Coast Steve
new poster

#277 PostAuthor: Coast Steve » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:09 am

Wow Lee, I just finished reading this whole build you did.
Amazing job!

Mathh
100Club
100Club

#278 PostAuthor: Mathh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Your bike is coming together nicely! I want a set of Öhlins Blacklines for my Sanctuary look-a-like as well and I have a question about them if you don‘t mind. What length did you order? 34, 36cm? How many kilo’s spring? And how much do they sag when you lift the bike from the side stand to the upright position? I don‘t know how but I think the 34cm ones look beefier than the 36cm ones in pictures when I compare them. Still figuring things out but it looks like I need the 36 ones. Glad if you can help..

tlc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#279 PostAuthor: tlc » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:19 pm

I got mine from Dave at Saisei. (STD colour not Blackline)
They are Zephyr 11 ones on his recommendation and are perfect. No problem in setting static sag as per suspension guru instructions.
Asphalt Cowboy Z1100R, 1981 Z1000J

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#280 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Mathh wrote:Your bike is coming together nicely! I want a set of Öhlins Blacklines for my Sanctuary look-a-like as well and I have a question about them if you don‘t mind. What length did you order? 34, 36cm? How many kilo’s spring? And how much do they sag when you lift the bike from the side stand to the upright position? I don‘t know how but I think the 34cm ones look beefier than the 36cm ones in pictures when I compare them. Still figuring things out but it looks like I need the 36 ones. Glad if you can help..

There are two lengths available as standard 347 and 365 both with 10mm of length adjustment. The shocks are fully adjustable for compression, rebound and spring pre-load. Both use the exactly the same progressive springs, which means the longer shock will be few N/mm softer, since it is less compressed. In practice you probably won't notice it.

https://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop/Prod ... iggy-back1

https://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop/Prod ... oad-track2

Happy to supply further information if needed

Dave

Swirl
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#281 PostAuthor: Swirl » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Amazing build, love it

Mathh
100Club
100Club

#282 PostAuthor: Mathh » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:27 pm

ZedHead wrote:
Mathh wrote:Your bike is coming together nicely! I want a set of Öhlins Blacklines for my Sanctuary look-a-like as well and I have a question about them if you don‘t mind. What length did you order? 34, 36cm? How many kilo’s spring? And how much do they sag when you lift the bike from the side stand to the upright position? I don‘t know how but I think the 34cm ones look beefier than the 36cm ones in pictures when I compare them. Still figuring things out but it looks like I need the 36 ones. Glad if you can help..

There are two lengths available as standard 347 and 365 both with 10mm of length adjustment. The shocks are fully adjustable for compression, rebound and spring pre-load. Both use the exactly the same progressive springs, which means the longer shock will be few N/mm softer, since it is less compressed. In practice you probably won't notice it.

https://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop/Prod ... iggy-back1

https://www.saisei-europe.com/Shop/Prod ... oad-track2

Happy to supply further information if needed

Dave

Thank you! Great info!

LeeJackson
100Club
100Club

#283 PostAuthor: LeeJackson » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:32 pm

Thanks Guys! Very happy with the results! The shocks came fro
Dave and they are the longer Zephyr ones as I recall.

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#284 PostAuthor: Coose » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:25 pm

LeeJackson wrote:Thanks Guys! Very happy with the results! The shocks came fro

You don't need them Lee, sell them to me!

ZedHead
Hardcore
Hardcore

#285 PostAuthor: ZedHead » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:39 pm

Coose wrote:
LeeJackson wrote:Thanks Guys! Very happy with the results! The shocks came fro

You don't need them Lee, sell them to me!

I would have to sell Lee some more then.... Why not cut out the middle man Coose? Fortunately Ohlins is the only thing that has gone down in price lately. Due to weak Swedish Krona

Return to “Projects”