Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Oil pressure switch

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

sprint
100Club
100Club

Oil pressure switch

#1 PostAuthor: sprint » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:09 am

I need a replacement oil pressure switch for my 76 A4 (have checked bulb which will illuminate if I connect wire directly to earth). I currently have the original one fitted with the push on connector.

Where is the best place to get a replacement and are there alternatives?

Thanks

Andy

Rog
Regular Poster

Re: Oil pressure switch

#2 PostAuthor: Rog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:39 am

Z Power have both switch and cap with connecting wire, genuine Kawasaki --> http://www.z-power.co.uk/oil-pressure-switch-z900z1000
No longer searching.......

sprint
100Club
100Club

Re: Oil pressure switch

#3 PostAuthor: sprint » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:40 am

Thanks for the link.

On looking at the photo of the switch it looked like it may be disassemblable? So I removed it and on looking at the circular end plate it has a small hole drilled in it, I assume to allow oil to flow through for the plate to seat on the casing to make the electrical contact when the engine is off?

Anyway, on inspection this tiny hole was filled with a bit of crud. Removed the crud and the light now comes on. Since the crud was slightly raised above the surface of the disc it must have stopped it making contact when there was no oil pressure?

So now sorted.

Andy
Attachments
P1040614.JPG

Return to “Bike Help”