Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Treeman

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Treeman
new poster

Treeman

#1 PostAuthor: Treeman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi All
Just a quick note to introduce myself - I am Clive and, as the username suggests, I am in the Arboriculture industry, although a lot more interested in bikes nowadays than work :oops: I previously owned a UK spec Z1000 A1 which I bought when I was 19 (you could do things like that then!) and owned for 27 years until I regretfully sold it (it is still in the family though - so I have full visiting rights).
I have a real mixture of bikes, some that you would probably throw sticks at, and have, apart from my everyday Triumph Bonneville, concentrated on Kawasaki triples for the past twenty or so years.
I have recently bought another A1 project bike as can hopefully be seen in the pictures (I expect plenty of you saw it on ebay) and will be getting this roadworthy over the next few months. At the moment, I am just getting it roadworthy and not bothering about the cosmetics (except where there is rust etc.). For once, the bike actually looks better in the flesh than in the ebay photographs :shock: I won't be returning it back to standard so the 'wrong bits' do not matter to me.
Anyway, hope to see some of you out and about at sometime :D
Attachments
Z1000 2.JPG
Z1000 1.JPG

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Treeman

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi Treeman

welcome to the club!
Nice pictures of your Z1000! A lot of work to do on it but a good base to start from.
I noticed that the front mudguard is mounted incorrect, you have to turn it the other way round.
I allso notice that you have Z1A or B carbs on it. They're 28 mm but difficult to balance. If you want to use 28 mm carbs to get more performance use those of a Z1R, Z1000ST or Z1000MK2, much easier to synchronise.
Good luck with it!
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Simonic
100Club
100Club

#3 PostAuthor: Simonic » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Hello Sir and Welcome.

Nice project you have going on there.
Look forward to seeing your progress

Simon
'83 ZX1100 '81 Z1000ST, '04 GSX1400, '19 Dodge Challenger Hemi

8 Valve Mark
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: 8 Valve Mark » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:41 pm

welcome aboard clive, nice project and a good time of year to get started..plenty of help n advice freely available on here.. good luck mark

Treeman
new poster

#5 PostAuthor: Treeman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:19 am

Thank you for the welcome and the advice :D I have sorted the mudguard out - so obvious once pointed out :oops: Thanks for the info about the Z1A/B carbs - not sure where I will go on that one yet...

ADRIAN H
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: ADRIAN H » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Hello and welcome to the Z1oc.

Treeman wrote:Thanks for the info about the Z1A/B carbs - not sure where I will go on that one yet...

If the bikes running well enough - Leave them be.

If it ain’t broke leave well alone.
adrianhorsfield@live.co.uk
Sunny Bournemouth. Dorset. UK.

Treeman
new poster

#7 PostAuthor: Treeman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:28 pm

'If the bikes running well enough - Leave them be'.

''If it ain’t broke leave well alone.

I agree - I will see how things go once I have sorted the electrics out - that should keep me occupied for a while...

Return to “New Here?”