Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Proper brakes NOW SOLD

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

chrisNI
Site Admin

Proper brakes NOW SOLD

#1 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 pm

Due to a change in tack I'm thinking of selling these Billet six pot calipers. These were on my Z1000 for a few years but when I put ZX9 forks in the bike I took them off and they have been sitting waiting for re-use. I was going to put them on my Lawson but as that is now in a dry build stage I think it's going to be too tricky to fit them.

These were awesome brake, much better than the Tokico six pots I have on the bike now. With the supplied adapters they are a straight bolt on to a Z1000 A1-A2 or a Z900 (and probably a Mk2 as well but I can't be sure). Sorry I haven't too many pics of them fitted only the small one. I used them with standard discs but they tend to use up the disc, not something the standard ones do but not something you might want if you want to return to standard at some point, the ideal scenario is to further purchase a pair of EBC floaters the whole thing with these is not cheap but will give you brakes that can stand the bike on its nose and possibly outbrake a sports bike.... seriously. When I was using these the floaters weren't readily available. Pads are included but are fairly worn - if you're using new discs you'd be better with new ones but these would do for setting up and a few miles. These calliper are Billet 031 and 131 which are listed as fitting a Zephyr 1100 or ZZR1100 so if you are contemplating a RWU front end swap using one of these would be a good plan you could use the wheel and discs also and the forks should be a good length and be cheaper than the floaters for the whole thing.

I'm looking for £300 inc adapters and the braided lines with stainless ends in the pics which are right length to go up up to a Z1000/900 splitter.(+post maybe £15). There is a set of new pins fitted see pic. New pads are about £8 each but there's 12 of them! The calipers new from Harrison are £800! are If you're running a twin disc setup the 5/8 master cylinder you have will work ok otherwise get a ZRX or Zephyr one.

I know this isn't a particularly cheap set-up but it depends what you're building, and it's an awesome brake set-up for something you might want to ride properly but put back to standard. The difference these can make to the bike and the way you ride it is unbelievable. Any questions at all get in touch.

brake.jpg

xIMG_4278.jpg

xIMG_4281.jpg

xIMG_4280.jpg

xIMG_4279.jpg

xIMG_4277.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pigford
I'm on prescription!!

Re: Proper brakes

#2 PostAuthor: Pigford » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Nice - had a pair on me Harris and as you say Chris, I nearly went over the bars when I first tried them out :wow
And on the 7th day... Zeds were created!

chrisNI
Site Admin

#3 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Bump still for sale. :D

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Chris what is the bolt spacing on the calipers is it 90mm?

chrisNI
Site Admin

#5 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:19 pm

No it’s 63mm centre to centre.

chrisNI
Site Admin

Re: Proper brakes NOW SOLD

#6 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:35 pm

Sold to the man who can now stop.

Return to “For Sale”