Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Hello from Brazil

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Motosuper
new poster

Hello from Brazil

#1 PostAuthor: Motosuper » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:16 am

Yes, i'm here logged and joined.
I waited patiently for this step.
I started looking for a Z1 bike in 2009. Remembering that I'm in Brazil, where there aren't many of these bikes. I had the first opportunity to see the bike in 2012, only frame and lower engine. Since then, I have not lost contact with the owner and only now in September 2019 we reached an agreement to negotiate the bike. He did not want to hand the bike over to viewers who might abuse such a difficult project. I did a convincing and negotiating job to get the dreamed Z1. During this time, I purchased many parts of the 1976 KZ 900 model, including many of them in overseas flight baggage. But the Z1 was the focus and I didn't give up. Many local bikers said it was a crazy idea. Yes madness, I agree, but today they recognize that a Z1 could work again. The road is still long, but it doesn't matter. I'll go ahead.

chrisNI
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Brazil

#2 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Welcome along we had a chap from Brazil used to write to the club magazine back in the days when that was a thing. Welcome along, good luck with the build

And.... ttiw :welc

We love pictures :jok

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi motosuper
welcome to the club!
Seems to me that you have a great project going on over there. Keep in mind that the road will be long and expensive... I restored three Z1's, two for myself and one for someone else so I know what I'm talking about.
But don't give up! The Z1 is a very nice bike and is admired whenever you ride it.
If you have any questions about the bike, don't hesitate, ask them! There are a lot of nice people here who'll give you the answers.
Oh and don't forget: send us some pictures please.
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Bill P » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:39 pm

Hello Motosuper
I hope you enjoy the project you'll love it when its done :)
don't be shy show us some pictures

deka
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#5 PostAuthor: deka » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:13 pm

Welcome and loving the dedication
GPZ1100 A1 zrx1100 gsa1200

Motosuper
new poster

#6 PostAuthor: Motosuper » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:14 pm

Ok. Thanks for reply. After the first contact i think better to open another post dedicated to the project Z1 Brazil with pics and coments.
See you.

Return to “New Here?”