Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Another GPZ1100 B2 contemplating sale,whats its worth?

Post pictures of your bikes without having to pull them to bits to qualify for Projects. Club eligible Z based bikes only please, anything else should be in the bottom shed.
Please use it wisely and be respectful of other peoples' pride and joy....
gpzer
Regular Poster

Another GPZ1100 B2 contemplating sale,whats its worth?

#1 PostAuthor: gpzer » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:13 pm

hi i,ve read with interest the comments and opinions about the similar bike up for sale at the moment.i think its a lovely bike by the way and wish you well with it.i.ve been a member for last 6 years and owned my bike for last 10 years.i bought a modern bike this summer so haven,t been using her enough.as you can see from pictures its a stock uk bike(fork brace ,hoses and steering damper apart) in my opinion about an 8.5 out of 10 there are several paintwork and casing imperfections and has been my daily rider on good weather days throughout my ownership,it is not a show bike,but could be bought and ridden as is or restored to an absolute minter without too much effort as all the rare parts are there and in great condition.it has a new battery and tyres and mechanically and electrically eveyrthing works. i went out on it this week and it pulls like a train.it also comes with an a4 binder about 2 inches thick containing all documents ,old mot,s repair work from all of its 4 other owners including original sevice book from 1st owner who bought it from foxes of nottingham in march 1983.i have an idea as to how much i think it,s worth .i might not agree with anyone,s opinions or valuations if they,re lower than mine but i certainly won,t be offended.i,d be grateful for your thoughts and will put it in the for sale section if i get a positive response :D many thanks dave
Attachments
IMG_1153.JPG
IMG_1155.JPG
IMG_1164.JPG
IMG_1168.JPG
IMG_1171.JPG
IMG_1181.JPG
IMG_1400.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG
GPZ1100 B2 OWNER

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Another GPZ1100 B2 contemplating sale,whats its worth?

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:39 am

Hi Dave
you own a very beautifull, very well preserved and allmost completely original bike , a true survivor! Congratulations!
I have no idea about the value but let me give you some advice: if you don't need the money, keep her! When she's gone, you'll never have the opportunity to own, ride and enjoy another one. Those become hard to find in such a good condition.
It's your decision but remember you'll be selling a lot of fine memories with her!
GrtZ
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Coose
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#3 PostAuthor: Coose » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:44 am

Careful, you saw what happened last time... :spit
Nice GPz though. :)
Are you the chap I bought my swinging arm from, which I picked up from a railway signal box?

gpzer
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: gpzer » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:43 am

thanks for your replies ,philippe i know you,re right but unfortunately right time to let her go,and it was me coose,still pulling them signal levers :D .i would like some valuations if possible regards dave :)
GPZ1100 B2 OWNER

Sgt.Pinback
100Club
100Club

#5 PostAuthor: Sgt.Pinback » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:14 am

Hi Dave,

as Philippe said. I have no idea for what they sell in UK in that genuine condition.
Even I dont know it here in Germany, as there are more or less no bikes available to compare.

Actually, I don´t see one bike offered here in G that would be comparable. There is one B2 in red with UT wheels, Kerker exhaust at 3.8 k€

Those GPZ B1/B2 are somehow forgotten bikes. Almost all of them had been modified. Yours even has the genuine exhaust, correct shocks and genuine paint, seat, wheels as far as I can see. And of course the injection system. So something realy rare.

I´d say they get more money than the later 1100 UT, and those are offered at around 3 t€ in genuine, good condition.

I wouldn´t quit under 5 for that one you have.
Cheers, Uli

Z1, Z1000H, ZRX1100R, R90S

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#6 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:30 am

Stick it on the Bay for £6K and see what happens....

It seems many buyers are now looking for the next 'investment' Model, and given even poorly restored Bitza Z1/900's are advertised for £15K then the focus seems to have moved onto these 80's Big Zeds.

The bike looks tidy and mainly original so ticks all the investment boxes many buyers would want.

I'm almost tempted myself TBH. :) :roll:

Good luck with selling..... although I doubt you'll need it.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Julian_Boolean
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#7 PostAuthor: Julian_Boolean » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Very nice GPZ, as someone has said put it on eBay at £6K and see if it sells.
An expanding collection of parts pretending to be a Z1100R and a Yamaha FZ750

Return to “Show us Yours”