Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Introduction of self

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

Luvolbikes
Regular Poster

Introduction of self

#1 PostAuthor: Luvolbikes » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:06 am

I'm new to this forum but not to motorcycling. I'm 65 yrs old and have been involved in motorcycling for 55yrs. In addition to my beloved 73 Z1 I also have a Vincent Rapide and Ariel sq 4 that I restored. I owned kickstart grill in Tucson where I displayed my collection including Norton, Triumph, Indian, HD along with Z1R , XLCR , Pans and Knuckles etc. I also have a new Z900rs that I have retroed to look much like the 73. I registered today having a question about my 73 fuel tank but also look forward to getting involved in this forum and learning from your experiences. Z1s and Norton Commandos were my earliest big bikes and I love them dearly and have so many great memories of my young cycle days with these bikes. Thanks for providing this forum. I plan to become a paid member so no flaming please. Perhaps some minor smoldering though.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Introduction of self

#2 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:52 am

Hi Luvolbikes
Welcome to the forum!
I can see where you found the inspiration for your name.
Show us some pictures of your collection, we all like to see the bikes of a new member.
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

chrisNI
Site Admin

#3 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:04 am

Welcome along :welc nice eclectic collection you have there. As Philippe said pictures of the bikes would be great but pictures of the Kickstart Grill would be interesting too :D

Luvolbikes
Regular Poster

#4 PostAuthor: Luvolbikes » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:02 pm

Thanks for the welcomes. I will get some pics up soon. The Kickstart Grill existed in Tucson from 1998 until 2003. Some good times, bike shows monthly, live bands on weekends, weekend rides up the nearby mountain and elsewhere. Charity events, weddings and a good group of regulars ( and a few troublesome drunks). Mostly alot of hard work and headaches. The pics I have of the grill are pre smartphone paper pics. I will get some pics of the bikes up though.

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Welcome Sir and thanks for the interesting intro
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

Luvolbikes
Regular Poster

#6 PostAuthor: Luvolbikes » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:29 pm

Here's Gramps and Grandchild. More pics to follow.
Attachments
20191222_111812.jpg

Luvolbikes
Regular Poster

#7 PostAuthor: Luvolbikes » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:40 pm

My backside with Vincent expert Haig Altounian in California late last year. As you know the Vincent held the speed record for over 20 yrs until the Zed broke it.
Attachments
IMG_0245.jpg
IMG_0245.jpg (145.56 KiB) Viewed 4635 times
IMG_0244 (1).jpg
IMG_0244 (1).jpg (126.99 KiB) Viewed 4635 times

Luvolbikes
Regular Poster

#8 PostAuthor: Luvolbikes » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:51 pm

I am now a proud paying member of the UK Z1 owners club.

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: Bill P » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:45 pm

welcome , i also have Grandad and Grandson among others ,what do you reckon to the young pretender :)

Luvolbikes
Regular Poster

#10 PostAuthor: Luvolbikes » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi Bill. I really like the Z900rs. As much as I love my vintage machines there can be no denying that the new bikes are in a different class of power and performance. I have no complaints about the rs other than the throttle is a bit over responsive and it difficult to cruise at a steady speed. A light front end distribution makes it easy to lift the front wheel with acceleration. I put chrome fenders on it and the acropovic muffler. Also put a home modified dummy points cover to retro it. Relocated and decorated the front brake reservoir. Altered the tail light location with the addition of the chrome rear fender. I'm very happy with the lad and he does grandpa proud. How do you like yours?

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#11 PostAuthor: Bill P » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:31 am

Hey up Luvolbikes
i have the same trouble with the Throttle :) but overall i really enjoy the RS , mines still as it came from dealership
at the moment but i do plan to do chrome rear mudguard and a few other bits once the parts are more readily available
in the UK , Traffic lights can certainly give you a thrill if you forget which bike your on momentarily which is easy if
you ride the old girls regular , what would we have been like with these weapons at 17 :wink:
what about four into four pipes from Doremi ? a touch to far maybe ,i can't make my mind up

Luvolbikes
Regular Poster

#12 PostAuthor: Luvolbikes » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Bill
The Doremi 4 into 4's are way to expensive as are all Doremi products. I have bought nothing from them. I have thought about a set of black Kerker 4 into 1 headers to look more like my 73. It runs so nice I'm reluctant to mess with it other than cosmetically.

Paulb
100Club
100Club

#13 PostAuthor: Paulb » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:30 am

Welcome
What a lovely collection of bikes !!
Z900A4.
Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

deka
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#14 PostAuthor: deka » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:39 am

Welcome and Merry Christmas
GPZ1100 A1 zrx1100 gsa1200

chrisw1
100Club
100Club

#15 PostAuthor: chrisw1 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:49 am

Bill P wrote:Hey up Luvolbikes
i have the same trouble with the Throttle :) but overall i really enjoy the RS , mines still as it came from dealership
at the moment but i do plan to do chrome rear mudguard and a few other bits once the parts are more readily available
in the UK , Traffic lights can certainly give you a thrill if you forget which bike your on momentarily which is easy if
you ride the old girls regular , what would we have been like with these weapons at 17 :wink:
what about four into four pipes from Doremi ? a touch to far maybe ,i can't make my mind up

Hi Bill , If you contact Andy Martingdale at J33 Performance in Galgate hge has a fix for the ECU to tame the fuelling

Return to “New Here?”