Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

CR29s on 1075

Need help restoring, building, or finding then try here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

chrisw1
100Club
100Club

CR29s on 1075

#1 PostAuthor: chrisw1 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi , I have a set of CR29 specials that I was using on my Z1B
When we ran it on he dyno it was so rich we could not get an o2 reading at all ............. and it never needed choke ever , fired straight up
I put standard carbs back on that one but now I have a Z1A with a 1075 kit , z1000a1 head ( standard ) , Yoshi pipe and would like to put the CR carbs on this one
Currently I have 115 mains , 68 pilots , 2.5 slides , YY8 needles , Clip pos 5 , and 1.5 turns out on the air screw
Would you say I need to alter these for use on the new engine ?
Thanks Chris

chrisNI
Site Admin

Re: CR29s on 1075

#2 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:44 pm

Don’t know about the clip slide and pilots but the main jet should be ballpark. Mine has CR31s although they said Z1000 on the box so the only things changed were mains clip and screw and we got it sorted out fairly well on the Dyno with limited time, it never went back because the chap went out of business and that was more years ago than I care to remember. Definitely should be a starting point and should run. Were you running filters they don’t seem to like that?

The CRs don’t actually have a choke as such it’s an enriching system that squirts in extra juice. Also they don’t like balance gauges they need set up using the wire method, I was told this by someone who knew them well and it certainly helped get them to make sense in my case...

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:34 am

Not needing the choke/starter circuit means they need to come down on the pilot/slow jet first (start at around 55). Just the oversize pilots could be the whole problem as overall fueling is a stack up of all the other fuel circuits and the pilots could be tipping it over the edge.. I'd also start with the needle in the middle (4) position also .. The main and air/fuel screw appear to be in the right area and the needle isn't an issue..
With the above changes you should be somewhere close as a base line.

chrisw1
100Club
100Club

#4 PostAuthor: chrisw1 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:26 pm

zed1015 wrote:Not needing the choke/starter circuit means they need to come down on the pilot/slow jet first (start at around 55). Just the oversize pilots could be the whole problem as overall fueling is a stack up of all the other fuel circuits and the pilots could be tipping it over the edge.. I'd also start with the needle in the middle (4) position also .. The main and air/fuel screw appear to be in the right area and the needle isn't an issue..
With the above changes you should be somewhere close as a base line.

Thanks Rob ...... I have ordered some 55s and changed the clip position ..... Ill get it on the dyno once its running and see where I am

KWACKERZ1
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: KWACKERZ1 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:28 pm

The APE tuning tips guide which I have used to set up 33's says that with 29's
To get better midrange performance on a mildly modified street engine, run
#20 pilot jets
#1.0 air jets
#2.5 needle+set
*float heights 23.5-24.5
Not sure if this helps you or not?