Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Scottish Rally

Keeping Members up-to-date with meetings and events

Moderators: paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R, chrisu

Iain marshall
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

Scottish Rally

#1 PostAuthor: Iain marshall » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:44 pm

Just a thought for anyone coming to the Scottish Rally this year,i was thinking of organising a run up the west coast ,across to Inverness and down the "middle" to the rally.The plan is? to meet up on the Wednesday(Central Scotland),head up the west coast and camp over night.The Thursday head over to Inverness,the long way,camp.Friday start heading south to the rally site.As i've said its just an idea just now and is just to give some of you from the south a wee taste of our great roads,let me know what you think :D

Not sure if the Rally is on the first or second weekend in August,should find out in the next few weeks
Last edited by Iain marshall on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got the Rex, just the Kat to get now...

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#2 PostAuthor: paul doran » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:49 pm

will this not make the event a bit too long Iain
let's see what people think
way too many Zeds

Rich
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Rich » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:52 pm

Sounds good to me Iain, I was going to extend my visit this year - have bought new map with another page to it! :D Although I haven't done anything about a gel seat yet :(
Rich
diplomacy is a form of art - I was never any good at art

Iain marshall
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#4 PostAuthor: Iain marshall » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:55 pm

Paul its not part of the event, its just an add on i was thinking of after talking to a few people.Rick you better get that seat sorted out :D and a good set of water proofs if any of my runs from last year are anything to go by :( :evil:
Last edited by Iain marshall on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Padders
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Padders » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:55 pm

5 days in the saddle, are you sure your old bones are up to it on the Harris Rich :lol:

paul doran
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#6 PostAuthor: paul doran » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:58 pm

or is the old harris up to five days
way too many Zeds

Iain marshall
Area Rep.
Area Rep.

#7 PostAuthor: Iain marshall » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:02 pm

Forgot to say Rich better fit a set of nice sticky tyre,some of the roads am thinking about are out of this world :D

Rich
Hardcore
Hardcore

#8 PostAuthor: Rich » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:08 pm

Iain - I've got me leggins from walking and I can always ring me gloves out so a bit of water's no problem! Sticky tyres - we don't fit any other sort in Derbyshire and you have to remember I have brakes :D

Ian - don't worry about me bones they'll be fine it's the flesh that worries me!

Paul - rebuild currently taking place - just in time too by the looks of some of these rubbers! Oh Liska :wink:
Rich
diplomacy is a form of art - I was never any good at art

Surfdeneige
100Club
100Club

#9 PostAuthor: Surfdeneige » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:11 pm

Being a NE'er but being a great fan of the west I would think the west coast is a bit of a trail for any Englander. There are so many good roads up here that the west coast is maybe too much. You could go from Crail to Blairgowrie/Pitlochry through Glenshee to Aboyne to Cairn o' Mount/Fettercairn and back across to Montrose and down the A92 to Crail again. What a great day out. There is no doubt that everyone would be really happy with that route. You could even throw in a detour from Balmoral over to Gairnshiel Lodge and back to Ballater for that extra bit of great roads.

As I have said the west coast is great but not worth the extra pain for those travelling far.
A ken fit like!

Ed Z1-R
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: Ed Z1-R » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:12 am

Unfortunately i cannot make a week of it as all the weeks annual leave spaces have been snapped up moons ago.(as its high season of school holidays) :down :evil:
But hoping (when dates are confirmed) to wangle a couple of odd days leave to make the rally :)

TheBogieMan
100Club
100Club

#11 PostAuthor: TheBogieMan » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:31 am

that's a bummer Ed

I on the other hand have managed to persuade the missus to forgo her annual Harley rally in the south of blighty to venture accross the oirish sea to come along, might even manage to persuade the fella up the road to come over on the GS or a Kettle
Speed Triple 955i, Yamaha RD350A, BMW F800S, Harley FLSTCi

rickman CRR
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#12 PostAuthor: rickman CRR » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:02 pm

iain, I think we should do a trial run sometime?

Ed Z1-R
Hardcore
Hardcore

#13 PostAuthor: Ed Z1-R » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:16 pm

Exactly its a BUMMER :twisted: Hence(i know its a lot to ask the organisers) to know the dates ASAP to avoid disapointment for those of us who have to book moons in advance F U C K! there is times i hate being a postie :evil:

davy thomson
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#14 PostAuthor: davy thomson » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:39 pm

Iain thats a good idea, the route that surfdeneige mentioned is a good one that would cut out the A9 as that road is shit at the best of times, any route would suit me as i live in the middle bit :lol:
1000 posts reached that will do for me,over and out.been fun.

NOBBY67

#15 PostAuthor: NOBBY67 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi there im very new to the club and was wondering where the scottish rally is held ?.I wouldnt be able to make it for the run through the week due to work but would like to make it up for the week end.

Return to “Meetings & Events”