Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Zed Thou Classic

Advertise your BIKES and PARTS here

Moderators: KeithZ1R, chrisu, paul doran, Taffus

Roger Hill
100Club
100Club

Zed Thou Classic

#1 PostAuthor: Roger Hill » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Offered on here first before I try eBay.
Bike is located in Nottingham.
If you click on the pictures you can magnify them to get a better look.
Got this low mileage Z1000 G1 in 2013 and got it up and running with the injection .
I used it for one summer and then got a couple of other bikes so had it sorn until this year.
Genuine 10K on the clock from new.
Bike was UK registered in 2013 by me and I have all the paperwork /N.O.V.A etc.
I have just had it MOT'd this week so has a years ticket on it.
Original frame paint.
I had the tank and side covers painted to original colour and pinstripes.
New tyres ,chain and sprockets,Motobatt battery and rear pads were fitted and what ever else was required.
The engine came originally with chrome over alloy covers fitted and as usual the chrome was bubbling on them all so I got a full set of Good condition aluminium covers for it including a Euro spec cam cover without the reed valves and emission plumbing.
Tried to start it this year but the injection system has failed it was massively over fuelling and just pissing fuel on the plugs.
I don't wish to turn this in to a discussion about what was or was not tried to sort it but many hours were spent.
It was the ECU that has failed so went the route of a set of Mikunis.
Carbs have new float valve seats and needles and have been ultrasonic cleaned and rebuilt with new gaskets and O rings and inlet rubbers etc.
Fitted pod filters and corrector jets and it starts and runs/idles with no dramas.
A guy has one of these on eBay at the moment trying for £3195 complete with scabby chrome engine covers and after market silencers.
I am looking for £2750 for this one with a complete stock 4 in to 2 exhaust system.
Its worth that for all the original number 7 and 4 bolts on it !!
Nice comfortable bike that goes very well or If you are thinking of building a Zed Thou special then this would be a good start as it has the stiffer braced later frame later crank etc.
Please see the last picture.
I built this bike using another Zed Thou Classic I had.(it is not included in the sale)
Please use PM to contact me if you require any further info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Roger Hill on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisNI
Site Admin

Re: Zed Thou Classic

#2 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Nice bike good value I’d say :)

Return to “For Sale”