Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

kawasaki h2c wanted

Post all your wanted ads here.

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

dazzler
Regular Poster

kawasaki h2c wanted

#1 PostAuthor: dazzler » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:12 pm

bit of a long shot anyone know of a nice/tidy 1975 h2c for sale prefer std dont mind exhausts , not looking for a project, import no prob but must be uk registered not on nova
thanks

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: kawasaki h2c wanted

#2 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Join the Facefook Triples Group. There 's been a few for sale recently.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#3 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:59 am

dazzler wrote:bit of a long shot anyone know of a nice/tidy 1975 h2c for sale prefer std dont mind exhausts , not looking for a project, import no prob but must be uk registered not on nova
thanks

Is this what you are looking for? A friend of mine is slowly selling his collection. This bike has history via the triple guru Rick Brett,
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2091502450903841&id=962229013831196
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

DDZ900
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#4 PostAuthor: DDZ900 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:56 pm

Was in Kawasaki Autorama in Batley today picking my new z900rs up & there was a H2 triple in the corner very nice aswell ! (dont no if for sale)

King of Kings
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#5 PostAuthor: King of Kings » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:00 pm

Oooo, a new Z900RS :D

chrisNI
Site Admin

#6 PostAuthor: chrisNI » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Ultim8pc wrote:
dazzler wrote:bit of a long shot anyone know of a nice/tidy 1975 h2c for sale prefer std dont mind exhausts , not looking for a project, import no prob but must be uk registered not on nova
thanks

Is this what you are looking for? A friend of mine is slowly selling his collection. This bike has history via the triple guru Rick Brett,
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2091502450903841&id=962229013831196

That’s a B. Likey :D :D

Ultim8pc
Hardcore
Hardcore

#7 PostAuthor: Ultim8pc » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 am

chrisNI wrote:That’s a B. Likey :D :D

Sorry, I'm not that knowledgeable on the triples....
http://www.airevalleyclassics.co.uk
10% discount code Z1OCTEN
Keyster rebuild kits & carburettor spares - airscrews, jets, needles, starter plungers & gaskets.
Also petrol/ethanol proof float bowl gaskets. IMD pistons preferred seller.

marmck
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#8 PostAuthor: marmck » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:09 am

This is my old H2C ( 1 of only 76 imported to the UK ), Have a chat with someone who has had one , They drink petrol , eat plugs , even when set up properly they surge ( want to be thrashed ) at a constant speed . But they are a gorgeous looking bike . Had mine for 4 years , sold it 7 years ago 4 £12K so make sure as with any classic it is all correct before buying ! Good luck
Attachments
SDC10159.JPG

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#9 PostAuthor: Bill P » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:04 pm

Good luck with your search they are a cracking bike I've a 1973 H2a, not bad on petrol unless your redlining all the
time the surging is not bad but varies bike to bike and personally I'm on the same plugs now for two yrs use :D
but do have a full set under seat in case, its all in the set up style of use etc in my opinion

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#10 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Owned a H2B several years ago (Below). Pretty much identical to the 'C' other than shorter tank & longer Seat.

The H2 is a completely unique ride, Torque that would put many a V-twin to shame and a soundtrack that is to die for. Also in Candy purple H2C guise probably the prettiest bike of the 70's.

The problem for me though is they just have one too many little 'Quirks'. Crap fuel and oil consumption (if you ride it like it your supposed to) Super Stiff Clutch, Lots of vibration (non rubber engine mounts) fuel pissing out of the left hand carb if left on the side stand, remembering to fold the riders foot peg up before starting, and like all H-Series the 'all' up Gearbox. The worst for me though (and the ultimate reason I sold it) was the surging. Anything below 20 - 30mph and the bike was a complete nightmare, getting stuck in any kind of traffic was to be avoided at any cost.

Now before everyone says some of these faults are fixable, Stiffer clutch springs and aftermarket clutch actuators, Ivan Jet kits etc etc to reduce the surging, they sort of take away the very thing that made the bike what it is (if that makes sense :lol: ).

All that said I'd have a H2C in my top ten Kawasaki Garage, simply because they are just impossibly pretty. Personally as a actual rider though I'd go for a H1, all the fun without all the 'quirks' or even better a KH400, easily the nicest of all the Triples to ride, and not just my opinion.

h2023_zps2522b453 (1).jpg
h2023_zps2522b453 (1).jpg (108.09 KiB) Viewed 4421 times

dazzler
Regular Poster

#11 PostAuthor: dazzler » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:12 pm

thanks for the info lads , not be swayed though and its got to be purple
one will turn up sooner or later

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#12 PostAuthor: Bill P » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:07 pm

good lad stick with it :D Gary always seems to know best with his little fuel jibe but believe me i don't
hang about to much but also like to keep the licence cleanish and mine really isn't to bad on fuel :happy
heres a couple of pictures of one that ventures out any month of the year for a spin not just polished
Attachments
IMG_0469.JPG
IMG_6731.JPG

malc87
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#13 PostAuthor: malc87 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:18 pm

Took my h2 out around 10 days ago. Not used it since TT 2015! A 72 Z1 got in the way then an RC30!
It started 10th kick on the original fuel :oops:
Buying them is a minefield! bit like Z"s really ,the good ones dont get advertised!
An all original H2C in red with 7000 miles just did £17000 to the first person that seen it.(not Advertised)

Garry.L
Hardcore
Hardcore

#14 PostAuthor: Garry.L » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:13 am

malc87 wrote:Buying them is a minefield! bit like Z"s really ,the good ones dont get advertised!

....... or is it that you've got them all Malc. :wink: :lol:

Think you need a nice Purple helmet to match your H2 as well!. :shock: :lol: :roll:

malc87
Custard Cream
Custard Cream

#15 PostAuthor: malc87 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 am

Now Im retired Gary, Im having a clearout! Hence all the handbooks going,
Got a 72 yellow full paintset (repaint) with badges and a dealer take off blue Z1B tank that will be going soon!
Mountains of Kawasaki literature and memorabilia as you know Gary having been here many times
And Im down to 25 H2"s but in reality 21 of them are projects!
Plan to keep my purple H2 in the pics above , 72 Z1, Z900 ( My son loves it), 2 X RC30"s, VFR400R (my sons) and the racebikes H1R,H2R and TZ350. Poss keep one other H2 for my son. The rest will be sold to top up my "NON" gold plated private pension! :roll:
Its at times like now you wish you had worked for a firm with gold plated pensions. :D
Only decent H2C I have for sale has a genuine 240 miles on it from new! And sorry it aint cheap!
Retirement is great and I can recommend it!, spend most of my time in the garage!. Just wish i had retired at age 16!! :lol: :lol: :lol:.
Just like I need a purple helmet Gary I prbabley need some Rothmans leathers too But Im really not that bothered!
Lifes been good BUT ive worked hard and long hours to get to here :D

Return to “Wanted Adz”