Hello Guest User,

Please feel free to have a look around the forum but be aware that as an unregistered guest you can't see all of it and you can't post.

To access these 'Registered Users Only' areas simply register and login.

Just moved from Somerset to North Lincoln

If you've just signed up read the important information in here and start a new topic to introduce yourself. If you've been here a while but never posted introduce yourself too - let us know you're real.
Don't be shy...

Moderators: chrisu, paul doran, Taffus, KeithZ1R

candytone
new poster

Just moved from Somerset to North Lincoln

#1 PostAuthor: candytone » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:12 pm

20180113_124016.jpg
Hello all
As the heading says recently moved from south to north and love your roads, are there any Z1 owners in the North Lincolnshire area, bit late in the year but where do you all meet , ie Brigg area, really would be nice to see some Zs of any kind just rebuilding a Z1100 Shafty engine, waiting for the cases to come back all nice and shiney after an aqua blast, when done be good to get out and about, weather permiting.

Yep thats mother, on my A always did have an attitude, she plods on though, a few marbles rattling round now , The Z1A I bought some time ago I always wanted to get annother one to replace the one I stripped and rebuilt WAAAAy back in the early 80s in my early 20s which was stolen, even though it was chained up, might say I got my wish, riding it for the first time was like shaking hands with an old friend.

Do message me if you feel a foreign southerner can join in all the fun.
Thanks for reading

Gary
Last edited by candytone on Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zed1015
Hardcore
Hardcore

Re: Just moved from Somerset to North Lincoln

#2 PostAuthor: zed1015 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:23 pm

There's a few of us around Scunthorpe area.
Not many bike meets going on at the mo but if you get yourself to the Waterfront pub, West stockwith on a Thursday from 5.30 pm there's always a few local zeds and other stuff.

candytone
new poster

#3 PostAuthor: candytone » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:34 pm

Hi Thanks will bear that in mind.

Philippe
Hardcore
Hardcore

#4 PostAuthor: Philippe » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:09 am

Hi Candytone

welcome to the club!
Nice Z1A you have there.
Let the good times roll !
Greetings from Belgium
Philippe
the differences between a little boy and an adult man is the price and size of their toys!

Bill P
Hardcore
Hardcore

#5 PostAuthor: Bill P » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:09 am

Welcome , always luv to see a Woman with attitude :)
Crackin bike as well :up

candytone
new poster

#6 PostAuthor: candytone » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:31 pm

Bit late on coming back folks, but thanks to all .

Gary

candytone
new poster

#7 PostAuthor: candytone » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:41 pm

Hi Marten B and all the Dambuster Pub meet up boys

Seems too long ago we all met up on that sunny day way back at the end of summer in the lovely Dambuster Inn, well winter is surly here and the dreaded plague is joining it.
I would to thank you for the invite, really good to meet like-minded chaps up here, good beer, and very nice food and good chin wag
Now that I have met you folks, I am really looking forward to the spring / summer when we can all get out on two wheels again, the Z1100 Shafty is coming on nicely, getting parts has been tricky, but I am getting there with this project, the engine is now back together and mounted into the frame, had a few issues with bolt snapping and made good use of a helicoil kit, the head and cams are about to be installed so I am well on the home straight. I have put some of this on my YouTube channel if you are interested please do have a browse, and like and subscribe if you wish, all new to making videos but if it helps someone, then great. And I like doing it.
Gary’s practical workshop, is the name of the channel, I hope that all the chaps on that sunny meet up day have a nice Christmas, and a safer new year, please do pass that on if you contact or email them and lets hopefully. I also look forward to the riding weather coming back
Have a nice Christmas

Cheers for now
Gary – the Lincolnshire Newby

Return to “New Here?”